playing time

s3softball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok everyone thats kinda rude some of the stuff you are saying, we get the point .. and no one needs to quit a sport they love .. talk to your coach about whats going on before you make a decision! i sat out all last year .. i got to run for the catcher .. but i sat my time out and now i am playing !! hang in there ...

i completely agree, this girl obviously expects to just walk on the field and have everyone bow down in awe. sorry but that isnt how things work, practice hard and show you deserve to play, then if you still dont play, thats when you have some whining to do

I know you have to practice hard and work hard. That is excactly what I am doing. I don't expect to walk on the field and everyone bow down in awe. I was only trying to get some advice and then people turn it in to something negative. I know I am not the best player in the world and there is not just one good player either. I have worked my butt off. The coach has put me in 3 different places and told me I would get to share a position and that has yet to happen. It is just so disappointing when you don't get to play and have been told you were going to get to. I could play any of those 3 positions just as well as anyone else but I haven't even got a chance too. Like I already said in a previous post I am not one to complain and all I wanted was some advice.

Please don't put people down and don't put words in other people's mouth. We have feelings. I think I have said what I need to say. ;)

I think that Big Chief and deadeye have some very good advice about your situation. The harder you work the better you will be. Sometimes you deal with politics and don't even see it, but trust me it's there. I have never been very good with politics myself.

My advice to you is hang in there and keep workin hard, and while your workin hard...work harder. Then maybe the next time that they pull you off the bench, you will knock there socks off to a point that they cannot afford too let you sit on the bench. Remember this "Can't never Could... but, Can, Can"

You Can work harder.

You Can keep a positive attitude.

and YouCan Knock there socks off. ;)

I know you have to practice hard and work hard. That is excactly what I am doing. I don't expect to walk on the field and everyone bow down in awe. I was only trying to get some advice and then people turn it in to something negative. I know I am not the best player in the world and there is not just one good player either. I have worked my butt off. The coach has put me in 3 different places and told me I would get to share a position and that has yet to happen. It is just so disappointing when you don't get to play and have been told you were going to get to. I could play any of those 3 positions just as well as anyone else but I haven't even got a chance too. Like I already said in a previous post I am not one to complain and all I wanted was some advice.

Please don't put people down and don't put words in other people's mouth. We have feelings. I think I have said what I need to say. :lol:

sounds to me like you just arent as good as you think you are then.

Im kinda in the same situation, but i understand, b/c almost everybody else on the team has played at least 5 yrs. more than me. I started playing softball when i was 11. So, I understand that the girls with more experience are going to be better than me. Coach told me that im probly gonna play JV this year, and if that helps me get better for next year, that's Ok. I just have to work harder in the off season, and i'll hopefully get to play Varsity next year. I am not a quitter and i LOVE the game , So no matter what i'm gonna hang in there and hopefully get to play sometime. I'm ready to go in every game, just in case coach needs me. I'd play softball every day if i could... Just had to add my 2 cents. :lol:

Edited by ladylion0632

I agree with STD since he is my daughters coach. It is hard to get used to (harder for parents sometimes) since my daughter for the past seven years has played practicully every inning on the travel teams she has played on. Does she still want to play every inning, pitch every pitch? sure she does, but she is going to play her role as our coach sees fit. STD puts whoever he needs on the field at any given situation. Each girl on our team plays their specific role, either it be pinch run for the pitcher, DH, or even cheer from the dugout. My daughter's only an eigth grader on an awesome team, she appreiciates just being able to practice with this team, and to be around a championship team. Coach awards her with some time on the field, but because she works hard and deserves it. Each girls knows if they break into our batting line-up, pitching rotation or on the field then they feel they have accomplished something.