Davidson Acad 1-2

Dyersburg 1-2

Liberty 1-3

USJ 3-0

Humboldt 2-1

Harriman 2-1

JCM 1-2

Gibson Co. 0-4

Trenton will win the first pool and host the winner of this morning's Humboldt/Harriman game. USJ will win the second pool. In the first pool the second place team will be TCA if they defeat Peabody this morning and Dyersburg defeats Davidson Academy. If Davidson Academy wins against Dyersburg, then they finish second. If Davidson Academy and TCA both lose, then Dyersburg finishes second.

It has been a great tournament so far. Here's hoping the weather continues to cooperate today.

I know "rules are rules". But... when you pay big money to enter a tough tournament, there should not be an hour and forty-five minute time limit on high school games that are within a run or two. Harriman loses to Humboldt 9-8 in the 5th inning because of time. This pretty much stunk to put it nicely and it cost Harriman another chance at USJ.

Edited by luvsports

What a great tournament it turned out to be! Good job Peabody and Humboldt. Pool A winner USJ defeated TCA 19-0 in the first semifinal and Pool A runner-up Humboldt defeated Peabody 12-0 in the second semifinal. TCA squeaked by Peabody to finish third while USJ withstood a Humboldt rally to win the championship 5-4. I think I heard that Ryan Ross was named MVP. Congrats to all four of these teams.

Next, to address a complaint on this thread. Did your team know about the time limit when you entered the tournament? I'm sure you did. Also, did you complain when you defeated Gibson County in six innings because of the same time limit? I'm sure you did not. Thirdly, you assume you would have defeated Humboldt in the seventh and then travel to beat Peabody just to reach USJ. Finally, you played a good game against USJ on the first night, but pitched your ace and lost. Don't go home with sour grapes. I thought the tournament was well done. Ten quality teams, with the possible exception of Gibson County. There can only be one winner - and this year it's the USJ Bruins. Congrats again.

Good luck to all of these teams the rest of the way!

Edited by westtennsports

To reply to your remarks. How are you so sure that we knew about the time limit. I, for one, had no idea. Unfortunately we assumed that if there was a time limit that it would definitely be longer than 1 hour and 45 minutes for a high school game. As for finishing the Gibson County game in 6 innings - I disagree with ending any game before the 7th inning is complete unless there is a 10 run lead. We enjoyed our stay and enjoyed the tournament, but anyone that wants to end a ballgame in 5 innings really doesn't love the sport.