BGA 6, ECS 2

TheMyth

evidentally the seer doesn't see jack. just think about what you are saying before you get on here and post. i dont care who it was, but missing a goalkeeper is devistating to a defense. lack of communication alone could lead a top notch team to the crapper. not to mention confidence. who was the backup? im sure being at CBHS, he didn't get much time. so think before u speak these things. and u lost to BGA 6-1, u scored with a second left when JV was prolly in.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA lost to overton. ECS got lucky against CBHS. Briarcrest... who? Knox catholic, couldn't get past a BGA or a CBHS. Notre Dame good goalkeeper, but no.

BGA, MUS, CBHS, Baylor, McCallie(lost two recently but should bounce back). they will be the ones.

frasaves,

while i agree with what you are saying, and knowing your team did beat Catholic 2-0, you have to understand, the Irish returned more players starting (10 I believe) than either McCallie or Baylor, who, I might add, they finished ahead of last year. I know you know plenty about soccer, but Catholic probably (I'm not saying they did) played one of their worst games against you this season. No excuses, just don't count out Catholic, who held CBHS in the state semifinals last year to a 3-2 score. Just something to think about... also, I doubt BGA could beat Catholic. Again, just an opinion.

i know, but i have played against you and BGA. BGA is an excellent program this year. something like 16 seniors. will walton in goal, caldwell lucas (need i say more). and people to fit in at any given position at any time. very very very deep squad. now granted they will prolly be screwed next year, this year will be a good one for them. i know you guys didn't play well, i could tell in the reflection of anger amongst your own team. had you not been so angry about calls, or stupid chit chat, you would have played better. that is how the game went. you guys lost your composure. i can see the talent in your program though. your ball movement is excellent, and off the ball runs are seamless. put it in the net more, and you've got a very very tough team.

I am not excusing the poor play of ECS against BGA. I am saying it would be a different game if played at ECS.

but missing a goalkeeper is devistating to a defense. lack of communication alone could lead a top notch team to the crapper.

Apply this to ECS missing their senior center defender. If you are going to use that as an excuse, then I shall as well.

Edited by TheSeer

I love comments like "It would be a different game if..." and if pigs could fly! I saw the game and BGA absolutely controlled the mid field which gave Lucas all the opportunities. ECS looked baffled and very slow. I don't know the kid who was out but I doubt seriously that he could keep up with Lucas' speed.

The Myth says: BGA came out hard and strong, playing like they hadn't played since their 6-0 trouncing by Farragut.

Keep in mind Myth that BGA started spring break that night - the only team at the Beech Tournament that was supposed to be on spring break - and they played like it. See them play before you run at the mouth, and if you have only seen them play in the Beech Tournament explain the thumping of Hendersonville 3-0, Centennial 5-1, ECS 6-2 and there will be more.

Just to put it out there so there is no misconception. Shine a Light is not a part of the Knoxville Catholic program. His comments are in no way slanted bc of his association with our team but rather because he knows about our squad and how we've played and what we can do. By the way Shine a Light, thanks for having our backs despite all the doubters.

I appreciate it Irish17. I had been meaning to post to tell the other people on the board that I wasn't affiliated, but you cleared it all up. I am amazed when people post on here doubting you guys after the run you all have had with basically the same players for three years, with the exception of the first one with Carlos, Derek, etc. I really believe this is your guys year to win it all with all that talent, although I loved watching TJ last year as well as # 25 (?) who graduated. He hustled a lot and brought a spark off the bench. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Irish17 and Shine need to get a room - too much love for me. Everyone knows that KC has a good team but to make statements that so in so can beat so in so are meaningless and in fact worthless. Opinions are like butts, everyones got one some are just bigger than others.