Blackman Decision Today

BDURHAM

I hope Doug Greene can clear his name. Suspension is not termination; therefore, he was not fired. To his credit, Doug Greene did not resign or quit under the pressure. Hopefully, he was never asked to resign.

Any parent who gets in front of a television camera or tape recorder and bashes a coach without just cause better take a good look in the mirror. In my opinion, that parent has not only done himself a disservice, he has set a bad example for his son. Moreover, that parent could hurt his son's future by running his mouth to a reporter.

There were proper channels for this disagreement to be discussed and resolved. The administration's decision was obviously influenced by the media, which was driven by some ill-advised players and parents.

Doug Greene, keep fighting to clear your name!

P.S. For any of you parents who want to keep throwing stones, go find a theater and see The Passion.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this post and notice the time and date:

Vandytobe Posted: Apr 2 2004 - 04:13 PM

Blackman has good coaching. Unfortunately, the good coaches are assistants and they don't make decisions. Get rid of Greene and this team will win games. Enough said!!!!!!!

Gee, I wonder who Vandytobe could possibly be? Coincidence? I think not!

Let me just open by saying I very seldom post on the baseball forum, in fact, I don't think I ever have. This situation has warranted my attention however. . .

I played for Coach Green for two years when he was a football coach. I learned more from him than I did from Strickland, Alsup, and Watson put together. He teaches, he jokes around with you about it, and you do get better under him. And heaven forbit folks, he does get upset off, and he does yell sometimes, but Alsup has done worse before and nothing has happened to him.

The suspension is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Dr. Nixon and Gill are allowing a parents frustration drive their attention, and that is just sad. Never mind that Blackman is the only school in the county that is required to wear ID badges, I'm not happy with that, maybe I should call Gill. . .I'm sure Nixon would like to be suspended for violating our consitutional right to privacy by putting our social security numbers in binary on the front of them. . .Never mind that all you have to do is drop it somewhere, and someone, anyone can go to a scanner, scan your social, and get credit cards with it, screw up what credit you do have. Like I said, I'm not happy with that, I'm going to call Gill.

But in the real world, you dont' go running to Daddy every time something doesn't go your way, you live, you adapt, and you allow it to make you a better person, or in the Blackman baseball team's situation, a better player. But no, a bunch of spoiled little people who would like to call themselves a team cried because coach finally got mad at them for not living up to their potential. He yelled, he grabbed a guy by the shirt--Every coach has grabbed a kid before in some fit of anger, this is nothing new. Doesn't make it right mind you, but it just means that by allowing it to go on everywhere else, Gill is being a hypocrite.

Coach Green, you're better than this. Go to another school system, the adminstration, school board members, parents, and especially players, don't deserve to have you coach for them. Let them be coached by someone who will always sime and say ok, who will always be nice and never win anything. You have a championship to win eventually. I just hope it isn't here.

Good luck everyone, and that is all I have to say on teh subject.

Guest Oakland

get rid of greene and the coaches will win eh? well that theory just got shot since they lost 4-1 to warren co AT blackman. btw, great post johnnyc, wish we could still give good marks

Guest region4fan

Johnny C ....good post. I have already said it before that Nixon is the one who needs to be fired for giving Blackman parents so much power!! I am not thinking that Gill deserves any kind of raise. As taxpayers, you need to let the baord members know that you disagree with that! As a former coach himself, Gill should know better!! Also I have heard some stories about the "HANDS" on coaching that the Gill brothers do. Look in your own backyard, Gill before you cast some stones.If this were one of your brothers , would the decision be the same??

I think the best solution would have been to just fold up the season. Blackman Baseball forfeits the rest of the way. The coach doesn't win and the parenst don't win. They did that in a similar situation in Indiana. It solved it all. There are no more problems at the school there. Of course you have to have balls to make that decision.

CoachGreene, we are looking for good football coaches Oakland way!! I had no clue that he coached football too. Our parents are good people, and Tackett lets the coaches do their job.

One more thing, I just realized why there was such a fight to keep the kids zoned to Blackman . You know the millions of meetings at taxpayers expense to ease overcrowding.....of course they want to stay at Blackman. Where else could your kids go where the parents run the school???So OF COURSE they are fighting to stay!!

Edited by region4fan

I am also a former player, but in baseball. Greene is a jerk! Just ask Coffee County players that walked off the field during a game there! Does anyone know why he left Coffee County and had to stay out of coaching for a year? You may want to find out. There is more to this story than you will ever know unless you have been there!

ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest region4fan

Former blaze player....................if that IS true and something bad happened in Coffee County to cause Greene not to coach for a year...............then AGAIN I call for Nixon's head on a platter. He hired Greene, no one but NIXON!! Didn't he check the references??Didn't he find out WHY Greene left Coffee County and din't coach for a year??No.........................?????? Then he ultimately caused this problem with Blackman baseball for hiring a coach that already had proven that he had no business coaching. So he put everyone's kids in danger with his POOR judgement!

Edited by region4fan