Ryan Bivens

14SHSWildcat

First of all congrats to Ryan scoring for your team is a good thing regardless of the competition (which you ain't responsible for).

Now let's get real folks! Why is it that all you bone heads talk about is goal scorers? Is it because you don't appreciate the game or that you minimalize it like all US sports writers/press? To truly appreciate soccer you need to understand the game. Possessing the ball and controlling the mid field is true art and it makes for alot of goal scoring opportunities! A defensive stop is beautiful to watch, especially when it results in a transition goal opportunity! My point is that 11 people play the game of soccer and we insist on talking talking about the guys who score goals - Lucas, Christiansen, Nichols, Bevins, Zander, Boynton, etc. (all talented athletes! Jeff hope you are healing!?) Let's focus on the guys that control the game in the middle, make the defensive stops and yes the goal scorers too.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the dsign of the game... even overseas the goalscorers get the most press ... its because they put the points on the board that win the games... yest keepers defenders and midfielders play important roles(i feel some positions are even more vital than the striker). but they are the glory hounds... they have that charisma... they have what everyone wants from a player...and thats why they do what they do... i mean... when was the last time a defender was the european player of the year? it always goes to strikers or attacking midfielders...sometimes a goalkeeper but that is a rare case... strikers get the glory thats just the way it is

I sense a little jealously...maybe you should see your guidance counselor about this... Hey, 26 goals is great no matter who you are playing and the schedule isnt that easy when you are only have 489 students and 13 kids on the team. Since you are Landon Donavon we will let you talk smack, or maybe you are Freddie Adu or David Beckham! WOW, So let us know who you are and the last time you did something incredible! ex. That one time you won a game of H.O.R.S.E. against your 68 year old neighbor..OH OH yea don't forgot that time you where All-State in mumbel peg, and went on to win the State championship!

As Aretha Franklin would say: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Hey guys try and get some.

Congrats on homosexual style posting. Keep up the good work!

I sense a little jealously...maybe you should see your guidance counselor about this... Hey, 26 goals is great no matter who you are playing and the schedule isnt that easy when you are only have 489 students and 13 kids on the team. Since you are Landon Donavon we will let you talk smack, or maybe you are Freddie Adu or David Beckham! WOW, So let us know who you are and the last time you did something incredible! ex. That one time you won a game of H.O.R.S.E. against your 68 year old neighbor..OH OH yea don't forgot that time you where All-State in mumbel peg, and went on to win the State championship!

As Aretha Franklin would say: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Hey guys try and get some.

Congrats on homosexual style posting. Keep up the good work!

HAHA i like that guesswho. Simple, and yet elegant.

Though I agree that Sweetwater's schedule is weak, I do not believe its fair that you guys take shots at this Bivens guy! He obviously knows how to score, doing it 26 times so far this season. There are MANY teams out there with equally weak or WEAKER schedules that do not possess a player that can manage 26 goals with 7 games remaining in the season! So give him some credit! The only thing I know about Sweetwater is that they have had a good football team over the past couple years and thats it, but I just thought I'd try and ward off some of the wolves! Just give him a little credit!