Union County High School

Guest lumberjack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading negative remarks from patriotballer about Union basketball coach during the season I went to watch them in the district & region tournaments and thought they played really good. The coach looked like he knew what he was doing and the kids seemed to respond to him really well. I like the way they played. They played together & hard. Good luck coach, coaching in Union County must be hard, when people bash you, and say they have nothing against you, and hide behind the computer. If they pay so low, maybe they should be happy to have a coach who wants to be there. Come to Jefferson City, we'd love a coach who wants to be here!

After reading negative remarks from patriotballer about Union basketball coach during the season I went to watch them in the district & region tournaments and thought they played really good. The coach looked like he knew what he was doing and the kids seemed to respond to him really well. I like the way they played. They played together & hard. Good luck coach, coaching in Union County must be hard, when people bash you, and say they have nothing against you, and hide behind the computer. If they pay so low, maybe they should be happy to have a coach who wants to be there. Come to Jefferson City, we'd love a coach who wants to be here!

Horsedung!!! talk about hiding behind a computer. every post you have made o jefferson county one is about union county. I just bet the districts and regions were the first time you saw them play. look back at your posts knucklehead. did ya see the west green game? if not why take up for the 102-40 embarrassment. you are obviously close to the situation.

Having read over some of these posts, let me see if I can give a different perspective for y'all on all of the matters.

About Rick Shipley at Claiborne, the word I got was second hand so it's possible it ain't true but neither Rick or his brother Jim were retained as coaches. Jim was the principal at Claiborne County, but didn't slide into that same position at the new school. Like I said, the info I got is second hand and it involved something that I won't expound on. I did get it from a trusted source, albeit he's not necessarily a huge fan of the Shipleys. I've always thought Rick and Jim were good coaches and better men. He's been nothing but cordial whenever I spoke with him. I will tell you this: Rick holds a strong grudge with the folks over there over what went down. So much so he was at quite a few of Rutledge's football games and basketball games.

Now on to Union County. Why the folks over there don't support the kids is beyond me because I thought high school sports were supposed to be about kids.

Brian Jessie is probably a better basketball coach than a football coach. I totally disagreed with the way the West Greene game at Maynardville ended up according to all accounts that I have been told, but I wasn't there so I really don't know other than what I have been told by a lot of folks.

It seems like the football team needs something to hold kids in the county. For years, kids have went to Gibbs and Claiborne County instead of Union County. Heck, Kenny Chesney is from Luttrell and he went to Gibbs...and Luttrell is where? Union County.

One thing I do know is this...UC's football team will struggle mightily this year. Everyone is gone that had any impact for them last season.

Edited by KevB1990

I know this. I haven't came on here to bash anyone. It doesn't matter. I try to never down people, that's why I don't have to hide. I just spoke about basketball. I liked Coach Meadows, and wished he could've be happy here. I think there is to many coaching changes anyway. This is a sports board. Find other threads, and I've said the same thing.