Mistate Ballerz vs TN Travelers 17u

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midstate Ballerz proved this weekend that they are one of the top 2 teams in the state, by going 4-0 in the prestigous Travelers Tournament.

Tallvol,

If the Travelers believe that they are the best in Tn, and Jamont would have made a difference then they will make a trip to Lexington, TN to play in the Ballerz Challenge of Champions. May 13-15. The Memphis Bulldogs will be there along with the Murfressboro Stars,Tennessee Dreams, and CHarles Davis F.

Memphis YOMCA, and TN Travelers are the only two top teams in TN that are not in yet.

All I can say is that I'm proud of my guys!!!!!

There can be no excuses made about the win. Period. We played the Travelers on their terms: their Refs, their Homecourt, their Schedule (knowing Jamont's situation ahead of time)... We came in under all of their circumstances and won the game... The boys really played their hearts out...

As hoopsguru said... if the Travelers want to play again, come on to the Ballerz Challenge of Champions, which could feature Reginald Delk, Richard Delk, Nicchaeus Doaks, Jeff Smith, RouSean Cromwell, JP Prince, Anthony Mason Jr, and even Tyler Smith at the Tourney... It looks to be a who's who of the top talent in TN: we're just waiting on the Travelers and the Y...

Congrats again to my kids who got a well-earned win...

Since the Travelers' coaches make the schedule, I think it's impressive they didn't re-schedule the game after knowing that Adams and Gordon would not play, and they are certainly a different team with those players. Ballerz obviously deserved to win - they made more open shots, got more loose balls and the Travelers killed themselves with missed free throws. But let's not imply that they are backing down from the Ballerz or their tournament - they played them knowing they wouldn't have Adams and Gordon and could have changed the schedule if they wanted to. Also, I don't think they Travelers are making excuses. You have to play with what you've got, and all summer coaches go through times with missing players - proms, injuries, summer school, final exams, etc. As for the Ballerz tournament, I don't know why the Travelers aren't going, but they usually play about the same schedule every year, which is always pretty full in May. If the Travelers had Gordon and Adams and the Ballerz had to play without the Delks, it's probably an 18-point game the other way. All that being said, I believe the Ballerz have a nice squad that is one of the best in the state and can compete nationally. Not to get off the subject, but it seems that now there are more good summer teams in the state than ever. Used to be just the Travelers and the Y. Those two programs are still powerful, but now you have more good teams in Memphis, and other programs like the Ballerz that are making their marks. Is there more talent than before or are there just more people getting involved in summer basketball?

The reason for the succes of othree programs such as the Ballerz, Murf Stars, etc, is because the Travelers dont get the talent that they used too. It used to be that if you played for the Travelers you got a scholarship automatically. Now it doesnt matter because teams like the Ballerz play a national schedule. The Ballerz have beaten nationaly ranked teams over the years, and those teams with the lucrative shoe deals. So now it doesnt matter. Now as far as the Travelers schedule? They could have scheduled this game on fri, or sat morning. Jamont new there was a prom, and so did the coaches. It was very strategic that they scheduled it that way. The Ballerz also missed 2 players as well. One of the players was avg 17.7 per game coming into the tournament. I know for a fact that the travelers have been asked to come to this tourney. I think it would be good for the STATE to have these two team meet again full strength. But I dont think its going to happen. Like I stated before, and you can look at Gomab's post every top team and most of the top players will be at the tournament. Unless they have another tournament, the Travelers, and the Memphis YOMCA should be there. Period!!

The Travelers are just not as strong as they used to be. Memphis Y is very strong this year, and will be stronger next year.

Bottom line is why not play in a Tournament that has every top team in TN in it? This would be very good for our fine state. Bring your full roster and roll the ball out.