BGA vs Grissom HS (#17 in the Nation)

tnfc007

Give me a break! Grissom lost to Parkview and McCallie last weekend and I thought that they should have lost to Hendersonville but Hendersonville just had a bad game. I think that the competition they see in AL is not up to what BGA is used to. BGA should win. :D They are well coached and play a well controlled offense but can be beaten over the top and with a more indirect style of play also. LOL :D

Edited by Readthefield

look at grissom's record year end and out. they play a whole bunch of exceedingly weak ala teams. national rankings don't mean much especially when you consider the best high school soccer states - texas, florida, calif, etc. don't even play in the spring. in fact just a relatively few states play spring ball. i think we have some good hs soccer teams in the state but are they really national class? who knows?

obviously no. When you look at how clubs do compared to the rest of the country only one team every other age group in tennessee can actually compete regionally while most other states in the south with the exception of maybe alabama and mississippi have several teams in each age group that compete regionally and nationally.

i don't know about tennessee not being able to compete nationally... one of the best soccer club programs in the nation comes from atlanta Georgia and Tennesse club teams have to face them to get out of the southeast regional.... Tennessee has some good soccer, but you did make a good point in that most of the better high school soccer states do in fact play fall ball... California, newjersey, texas, just to name a few of the best, are all in the fall... however I will state that tennessee and georgia produce the best spring soccer

Exactly, Tennessee teams do face Atlanta teams at regionals and get trashed almost always. It is not because Tennessee is awful, it is because South Texas, N. Texas, Georgia, N.Carolina, and even in some cases Oklahoma are far better than Tennessee. I am not trashing our state just being realistic.

Not dissing TN soccer, just pointing out the falacy of "national rankings." I can't remember the last time a TN team won more than one game after getting out of the state tournament. No, I take that back. About a dozen years ago my sister's team from Signal Mountain did really well in the nationals in Texas. the town of Signal mountain made a contribution to the trip.