Oneida vs. Kingston

the one

" Ruben "The Magician" DeAraujo will not get back in time to play for the Indians in their match with Kingston"

That's too bad. I hope things went well for him and his family back home. This is a great rivalry! I hope both teams can be at full strength by Districts. It will be a great game anyway, even thought both of them will be missing starters.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for fact that Kingston will be missing the talented Thomas Scarborough... Tom will not be back for a couple more games due to his shoulder. There may be more.

I cant wait to see this Oneida-Kingston game. Last year's game was one of the best I've ever seen. Kingston got two goals, if Im not mistaken, in the last five minutes of play. Both teams had impressive runs, with many unlucky shots on goal.

I should not have a prediction because Î honestly do not know, do to the way Kingston played against L.C. I still have to say 3-1 in favor of Kingston, because I have seen both teams play, and I can see the potential that Kingston has.

Edited by dimitri950

Kingston got back on track last night against Loudon and our offense got back in the swing of things. Oneida may have a better record, but look at the teams we lost to. Farragut, L.C., and Columbia Acc.. We got one of our missing players back last night and he played well. The game Friday will be close, but I know everyone from Kingston will be ready to play and are looking for the big "W."

Oneida's two losses were to Webb, who just recently closed out MaCallie and Gallatin, which has a 2-1 loss to Oak Ridge. Gallatin knocked off #3 Clarksville earlier this week 3-0. Oneida is playing against good competion too, and its not as if they are sneaking up on Kingston. The indians know fully well they will have to play the whole game with intensity. We have a healthy amount of respect for the Kingston program, but we don't fear opponents inside the lines. The clock is ticking towards game time and we are eager to see how it all plays out. Be there or be :blink: .

I have seen Oneida play without their leading goal scorer. They play with a lot of heart. I would hate to play against them, with him in the lineup. I'm going to Kingston on Friday night to see a great game. I wish Oneida's leading scorer was playing to see what the score would be with him in the lineup. The Indians will have to play hard to beat a good Kingston team.

it seems that all I am hearing about is the lead scorer for Oneida not being there and Kingstons Michael Day in the box. Regardless of who is there or who is not there, last time I checked, this is a team sport. It is not a one man job. The team who plays the hardest and wants it the most will win, end of story. We can talk stats and all that jazz, but what is boils down to is heart. The teams seem to be evenly matched, but for all you Kingston nay sayers, you look at the win/lost column and say that Kingston got beat, but the score is not an indicator of what Kingston is capable of, but we shall all see when the whistle blows Friday at 6:30

Your right on the "team sport" part, but the star players are named that for exactly that, they are the star players. They are the diff. makers in the game. Unfortunately Oneida is without theirs tomm. Day is a diff. maker in the goal, and fortunately for us he is in the game. Both teams play with great heart. Should be a great one. 6:30 tomm. folks!!

The game ended in a tie 1-1. The first goal was scored by Onieda on a corner kick in the first half. Kingston scored there goal towards the end on a rebound off Onieda's keeper. Both keepers played well. Day came up big at the end with a breakaway stop. This district standings will almost certainly go down to the result from the LC v. Oneida game.

Well fought game by both Kingston and Oneida. Oneida's goal was a great header by their sweeper who played well the whole game. Oneida had a chance to make it 2-0, but a pk was hit way right. The call was a bad one, but that's going to happen from time to time. Kingston scored off a shot deflection after several passes were made to work the ball up the field to get a shot off. Good job by Kyle to be there to put it in the back of the net. This probably will not be the last time these two teams meet this year, so look for the rematch in district play. I would like to send my prayers with Oneida's player from Brazil and his mother. He must be going through a hard time.