Softball Umpires

addictedtosports.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH BUKI BOY lets go a step further with this. First we have to buy gas 1.75 a gal. average dist for me 100 mile round trip 10.00. 2 softball games 65.00. Time 1 1/2 hours travel and 3 hours 2 ball games. Ok lets see hear 65.00 minus 10 for gas thats 55.00. 55.00 divided by 4 1/2 hours is 12.22 cents. Time away from family you can't put a price on it. So 99 percent of the umpires I know do it for the love of the game and the kids, not for themselves or the money.

Having done both baseball and softball this season, I would much rather sacrifice the $10 difference to do softball.. The games seem to flow at a much better pace than baseball, and for an umpire, a long and boring baseball game can cause one to be a little inconsistant on a close call.. Also, in my opinion, being behind the dish is much more enjoyable for me.

I have umpired, coached, spectated, I know what a job it is to umpire, You can never make everyone happy. I always tryed to call the game as i saw it, The remarks i hear over and over, is [ i wish all the umps would have the same strike zone ] so when i go to the next game i would know what expect. Then it wouldnt take me so long to start hitting the ball in another game. TELL JUST WHAT I HEAR.

B WHO U R