TROJAN CLASSIC....who will win? and Game Updates!

SplinterField

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, maybe me and you are wrong!
well i dont really enjoy all the sarcasm. you won it and drop it!

deep ball i dont appreciate your comments about halls! that wasnt the only mistake by that ump in that game. there was a kid running to second that was hit clearly by a hit ball(the ball even changed directions)-2 runs scored off that-it should have been dead ball the runner is out.

your comments about us were wrong and i think they deserve an apology. we might need help but after the calls in that game we have a right to be the way we are. i think it was a good tourny, but some stuff was alittle weird.

one thing i did like about soddy was while on second base during a pitching change the one of the soddy coaches told the guy on second to tell our pitcher jeff lockwood sorry for the way the fans were acting towards him. i believe there was a high school boy in the stands that "the parking lot was big" and such...first of all lockwood would have murdered him and second it wasnt even jeffs fault as to what our coach was arguing. but that showed some class-the 3B and 1B(Derek Bates) were 2 nice guys. but as i said before-lets ease up on the negative comments towards people-be negative toward an ump or something but stereotyping and saying that use Halls people need help is pushing it.

Tell my boy Derek Bates congrats on the all tourny team(we go way back-elem school and middle) REMEMBER YOUR ROOTS DB!

Hallsof12, I didn't mean anything bad by what I said, I was just making a observation about the change in the game from Halls after the calls. It happens alot in high school games. Teams lose their focus and start worrying about things they can'nt control, instead of the task at hand.

We have great kids on our team and they are all very good sportsman. I know who the kid in the stands was. Unfortunately we can't control everyone at the game.

You guys have a great program and we hope that you come back and play again next year. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.

Well I don't apologize for the sarcasm. It just sounds like sour grapes when there is a tourney, then there's a semi-final and a championship game, and one of the teams that didn't even make it to the final day has to audacity to say, "even though there wasn't a 'real' winner blah blah blah..."

But, since I'm such a nice guy, I will apologize...I am sorry. Good luck with your season.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Grad - You SHOULD be proud of your alma mater's baseball program! Bolton HS played the Owls in last year's SD Trojan Classic and lost a 4-3 or 5-4 heartbreaker in eight innings. What caught my eye was the intensity and competitiveness of the entire squad -- which never gave up until they had scrapped out a win.

Bolton again played in this year's classic beating Coffee County, Chattanooga Central and Red Bank and was pool runner-up to McCallie -- which came from behind for a close 5-3 win. The pool winners advanced to the semi's, then a championship game was played. With their defeat of McCallie, no question Ooltewah earned their tournament championship. Let no one else say otherwise.

I commend your support of the Ooltewah program.