Curtis Newberry to coach Wartburg?

ask_me

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he done things alot diffr down here than he did way up yunder in HOUSTON CO then........ gos smarter or sumin  :D

825295647[/snapback]

Thanks Jamy. Tell Hoot, Polar Bear, and Foster I plan to come out to Wartburg and see them. Please keep me updated on Hoot's condition. Good luck and remember to tell that backside to ride that train. Just remember you know the truth , and don't attempt to argue with ignorance.

• 3 weeks later...

I can relate to what Festus is talking about. Newberry is of less than desireable character. There's a reason he was run out of Coalfield It would be a disservice to the student athletes of either Community if they had to play for him.

I would like to say I was one of the kids that played for Coach Curtis in my young days. I think that the kids at Sunbright should be glad to have him. I learned alot from him & support him 110% he is indeed a great coach & it was a honor to play for him then & if I was able I would play for him today.

who cares what houston county has to say bout coach justice ya'll r like in middle tenn.he is a good coach cuz he coached me last year and he was a good coach i think he went to clinton maybe cuz it's his hometown and the money was better so u can't blame him for that atleast i don't think.and far as curtis newberry going to sunbright who cares no one likes him anyway i'm glad he turned down wartburg let him go to sunbright they can use him they need sum master minds anyways.

jamy whatever u do dont let coalfield beat u  lets keep the streak going on and on

825311271[/snapback]

JT, good to hear you made it thru camp. What pos. have they got you playing?whatever you do beat RL#7 at tuscalum to keep that streak going! and send me some tickets so we can come watch you play. GOOD LUCK on you're season ahead, and remember ( Quitters never win ,Winners never quit. thumb

• 2 weeks later...

Festus

You are a complete fool. I was on the team he was coaching at the time. Curtis was the President of the Lion's Club and my dad was VP. He was run out of Coalfield because he didn't "jive" well with people in the community. I left Coalfield that year, along with much of the other talent attending there with me, such as DJ Whalen from Oliver Springs, who is going to Carson-Newman this year for baseball and football.

Curtis is more knowledgeable about football and baseball than you'll ever be. I played on a football team that went unscored on a few years back, and he was the coach. Also, we got 2nd place in the state in baseball with him as a coach, and then again when I was in 7th grade we won the Sandy Koufax Single A State Tournament with him as an assistant (We were the AAU Stars back then).

Check your absolute history instead of what you've heard people beat around the bush with. The majority of people are just full of hot air and don't want to take the time to TRULY get to know Curtis. He was a kind person to me ever since I've known him (1st grade for me, and I'm a sophomore in college now). He was a hard coach, but a good man.

As for Curtis coaching, I don't know how Sunbright will do this year, but I say give it a couple years and I bet Sunbright's game picks up considerably.