Eli Manning

We have another cry baby on our hands. If I get picked by the Chargers I will sit out this year. First off the Chargers would be stupid to pick him anyway because they only way they should is if they're a QB away from a championship, which they're not. With David Boston getting traded to Miami they need a WR and they could use an O-Line also. I don't know if they should pick him just to make him sit out a year or pick Gallery or Fitzgerald who in my opinion are the top two players in the draft, with Eli around #5 or so. Whatever they do Eli will have a tarnished image now and if he does get drafted by San Diego and doesn't play for them when he plays against them he will have a humongous bullseye on his chest. He will never be half the man Peyton is. And everybody needs to keep their hands off of John Vilma, I want him to become a Ram. ;):blink:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care too much for Archie either. ;) See that was what puzzeled me in the first place. They have Brees who will be good if he can just have a reciever for more than a year and maybe 1 or 2 decent linemen. I think they were stupid to even consider him but if he was their man I would still pick him unless I could get some kind of great deal from the Giants. Did anybody else see the spot on Sportscenter about Gallery? He majored in elementary education and it showed him teaching. I loved it, he seems like a real nice guy. :blink:

This whole family is a class act. They were all raised to be trustworthy dependable people that gave their all. Each and every Manning has done that. When the father talked to SD's Gm, he said what he did in confidence like a trustworthy guy would and should do. It wasn't meant for our consumption but SD's lack of production and all the past greats that they passed over wound up making Manning the patsy and if nobody can see that then God help them. Archie wanted his boy to have better than he did and no one can fault him for that. Too much is on the line. Too much investment of time, money and grooming is put into those boys only to have a two bit San Diego organization and GM to run the Manning family into the ground. It should be the San Diego GM and organization getting bashed for exposing a gentlemans request than to play it out in the press to make them look the victim. Good Grief!

One more thing,

the attitude at the draft about the Manning issue is totally disgusting. Integrity and good moral standing just took a big hit today. I'm so ashamed of it that I may just give up watching NFL football forever unless cooler heads prevail and apologies become the norm. Good Grief Again!!! ;)

Edited by ERA

Guest Oakland

i have the upmost respect for archie and his family, they are the definition of class. i dunno what bone you got to pick with the mannings, but the chargers are the one to point the finger at when they went public with this one

Eli won't make it in N.Y. To start with he's overrated and second with Payton turning his team around in his second year they will expect the same from Eli which won't happen. Rivers and Ben are both better QB's and time will show this. I hope Eli has fun getting booed in N.Y. in about 3 years. ;) Payton went to a horrible team and has yet to complain about it. ;)

Guest Oakland

yeh but the colts had been to the playoffs at least once in the last 10 years, san diego hasnt. eli will do just fine, hes learning behind a very solid qb

Yes, Peyton went to a bad team. But, they changed coaches right after and the team turned completely around. That's something that would never have happened under Mora. I wouldn't doubt the Mannings already knew Mora's days were numbered and were just waiting it out. Did you notice how Mora was on Peytons back pretty much the whole time? In SD, Marty is done, in the toilet and out the drain. The morale must be abysmal. Knowing that going in doesn't give you much to build on and the Mannings are smart enough to know if the front office has it going on or not. Hence, the front office showed what kind of people they were in releasing that information to the public. The Mannings are sharp enough to know situations and they saw it while the general public didn't. Eli will come out on top. Will he be as good as his brother? Time will tell. But, he has the desire to be the best there ever was. Maybe on that alone, he will be one of the greats but that is years down the road. New York isn't exactly the best place to build a career. They are volatile and will turn on you in a heartbeat. I'm not sure anyone can get it done to the high expectation level in that Boo Bird Atmosphere! I should know, I am from there. New Yorkers want immediate gratification. They want blood guts and glory and that's ok but they traditionally won't give it time to develop.