chattanooga's best of preps

smalls11

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Player of the Year goes, Woodlee is the best pitcher I have seen this year and his offensive stats are nothing to sneeze at either. He would get my vote.

I do wonder though, with Walker Valley being something like 30-2, they must have some guys with some pretty impressive stats also and they do not get near the press that they probably should. But, I don't even know if they are included in Chattanooga's Best of Preps.

Again I'll say that the all city best of preps will be 80% private and then filled in with a few public school players and the mvp will be Moore or Wilkes (Gossett's adopted son). Ward Gossett drives the McCallie team bus and is good friends with parents from McCallie and Baylor. If there's 9 players, 7 will be private. If there's 12, 9 will be private. Be happy if you even get a 2nd or 3rd team selection from a public school.

There is always going to be someone left off that should have made it. You cannot please everyone. McCallie and Baylor do have a lot of deserving tallent, but so do alot of public schools (Central, Ooltewah, Hixson,etc). I hope you are wrong about the public vs private ratio. I wish they would wait til after the state, but I think I remember over hearing the paper guy telling Wilkes parents he was player of the year last year during the District tourney. Which I still think should have been Wes Hodges.

I think the Chattanooga list should include many of these players and there are several that could be named player of the year.

Wilkes - Central

Smalley - Hixson

Stansel - Baylor

Jones - ooltewah

Ervin - Notre Dame

Ryan - lookout Valley

R. Moore - McCallie

Burke - Ooltewah

Bolton - Hixson

Raines - Baylor

Heddon - Boyd

Shipp - McCallie

Cofer - Red bank

Vaughn - Soddy

Green - Hixson

Howard - Ooltewah

Murphy - McCallie

you know I am sure i left someone out also!

Wilkes, Stansell, Bolton, Smalley, Green, Moore, Ervin, Burke, Jones all could be player of the year. I personally like it to be a Senior, if the players are close in what they have accomplished or mean to their teams season. My personnal pick would be Britton Stansell. He is hitting around .450 for a school who I trust their stats and I think they won their district/region or whatever they have last night beating Notre Dame. Wilkes was player of the year last season, seems to have had another good year but not player of the year season, yet. His team did not win their district. He will be gunnin for everyone in the district tourney.

I agree CooterHooter...you almost have to go with a senior for player of the year IF possible. And this year I think it's possible. What about Carver? Would he be included in the area or city? I'm assuming area. You've got a good point with Stansell at Baylor. There are 5 or 6 juniors and sophomores that all are on the bubble. But if possible a senior should get it.