LC vs. Oneida

sportsdude20

Kendren I think that will work out fine, if they are trustworthy. Right now unless the video can change something, it looks as if our guy will be out for 2 games dues to striking the man, which is considered fighting in the rules book. Thank you for the copy, it's greatly appreciated.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in previous posts, it doesn't look like he hit him, it looks like he missed, but I don't know if it'l help or not. You're very welcome for the copy, hope everything works out. I'll try to get the tape to either Coach Doug Sharp, or #25 on their team, both of them I know fairly well, and I think they'll all trustworthy. Good luck!

Edited by Kendren

This is an instance that may show how soccer is discriminated against. I'll wager that the tape will show nothing that doesn't happen on evey single play in an American Football game. (If there is even a foul conclusively shown)

There needs to be some differentiation between aggression in the course of play and stopping and taking a swing at an opponent. A two game suspension is definitely harsh. Can anyone remember a football player getting suspended for swinging an arm in the course of play?

This is an instance that may show how soccer is discriminated against. I'll wager that the tape will show nothing that doesn't happen on evey single play in an American Football game. (If there is even a foul conclusively shown)

There needs to be some differentiation between aggression in the course of play and stopping and taking a swing at an opponent. A two game suspension is definitely harsh. Can anyone remember a football player getting suspended for swinging an arm in the course of play?

I don't know if it's discrimination as much as it's soccer's governing bodies holding their players to a higher code of conduct then American football does. Any kind of real or perceived contact to the head in soccer will get you redded, pretty much no questions asked. I think 2 games is too harsh for this, myself, having seen it, but I could see the argument for it. Oh, well... tape's on the way, should be in the hands of coach Doug Sharp already, so look him up when he gets there. Oh, and one more thing... please watch it with the sound turned down, I'm a bit of a homer :lol:

After watching the tape, it's closer than what I originally thought. You do see 16's arm extend, but he's simply turning around. I think you have to know 16 wouldn't do that, and this was after Ruben initiated the contact. True we can argue all day, but I guess TSSAA has the final say so. Thanks for the tape, and I enjoyed the commentary. You're a good announcer.

I appreciate that. :unsure: I'm not that good, I just love the game. And yeah, it's widely open to interpretation. The angle the ref had, though, would have been directly behind Rubens, and he couldn't see what we do on tape. You can just see him down at the bottom left on the screen. When's the hearing?