LC vs. Oneida

sportsdude20

Don't get me wrong when I say Oneida played a great game Kendren. They played with a lot of heart. My only complaint about the game is #8. I understand that's the foreign style of soccer, (embellishing every foul) but he took it too far. It shows disrespect towards the game and your opponent when you're falling and you haven't been touched. True he has great skill, but his sportsmanship in that manner was poor.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely not arguing the point. I agree it's very distasteful and disrespectful, and I hate it. No excuses.

But as I said earlier, #16 did take a swing at him, deliberate or not, and the red was justified in my opinion. I wish there were a way to show you short of making a copy and mailing it (which I'll do if ya'll want a copy of it). I honestly believe he wasn't trying to hurt anybody, and wasn't deliberate, but with the angle the ref had, it was his only choice.

If you knew #16 Kendren, you would notice he's the nicest guy around. Maybe it looked like that in the tape, but I assure you he was just challenging the ball. It would be interesting to see. I understand it's a judgment call and you can take it for what it was worth.

Again, I believe that. I've never meant to say he was a bad person, or was deliberately trying to hurt someone, just on tape, it LOOKS like a nasty swing. I didn't mean to say I thought he was actually trying to decapitate anybody. ;) Not trying to backpedal, either... can you tell my family has developed many lawyers over the years? :ph34r: Prolly should just let this go...looking forward to meeting LC again next week (confidence!)

Yes. Both teams have chances of seeing each other again later on next week. Things can go better for LC this time as they will be playing at home if they win against Sott County and hopefully they will keep all of their players on the field.

Edited by soccer4life

I'm glad to see some people showing respect for oneida, thanx. I think during the game LC did what they do alot, they came out week. Oneida got a quick one and two more blown chances early at goal that would have cave them 2 or 3 early goals. I don't know if it has to do with eney thing but they warmed up for over an hour and didn't look great to start,alomost tired. They came out week against CAK and it cost them the game, almost did it twice. But on the other hand they played hard to the end and they always do so much respect there.

Indeed, no quit at all in the Panthers, much respect there. No lead is safe, no time is too little, no matter if they're even down a man, they keep coming. heh I knew that going in, which is one of the things I caught in my telecast of the game, from the time Oneida scored, I kept counting down the minutes aloud, knowing LC is so dangerous ;) Ah, well, I'm no professional, I guess, I just love the game ;) And Oneida showed tenacity, after they lost the lead, they kinda went 3-4 minutes where they looked sick, but they kept coming too, I WANT to see a rematch :o

Both teams played quality soccer. Lacey impressed me with his speed with and without the ball. I'm not sure what happened with the last play of the game. I have not got a chance to look at any game film. I think that the center ref was getting a little whistle happy in the last 10 min. of the game for both teams. Medina had the middle of the defensive third for LC locked down. I would LOVE to see a rematch in the district championship. Great game both teams.

Attention Kendren. Our coaches at Lenoir City would like to review the tape, mainly the red card call. It would be greatly appreciated if you could make the copy for us. If you can do this please mail a copy of it to:

Attn: Marvin Martin

Lenoir City High School

1485 Old Highway 95

Lenoir City, TN 37771

Also, please send UPS COLLECT / Next Day, and we'll be glad to pay for it.

Thank you.

PS I would also like to see a rematch between the teams. The game was very impressive to me.

Attention Kendren. Our coaches at Lenoir City would like to review the tape, mainly the red card call. It would be greatly appreciated if you could make the copy for us. If you can do this please mail a copy of it to:

Attn: Marvin Martin

Lenoir City High School

1485 Old Highway 95

Lenoir City, TN 37771

Also, please send UPS COLLECT / Next Day, and we'll be glad to pay for it.

Thank you.

PS I would also like to see a rematch between the teams. The game was very impressive to me.

Will have it in the mail tomorrow, didn't get this til 4 this afternoon, and it'll take an hour and a half to make the copy :rolleyes: Unless someone can tell me quick that all you want is that play, but I think you'd want the whole game. Starting the copy now!

Here's another thought... if it's alright to get there tomorrow night, I know a goodly number of people on the Scott High team, and I can get one of them to bring the tape down there tomorrow night. Saves everybody money, and saves me from trying to track down a UPS guy tonight :rolleyes: But if that's too late, I'll keep trying something else