LC vs. Oneida

sportsdude20

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shots on goal were recorded as 9-4 LC. The second half Oneida didn't get a single shot. The poor reffing forced us to play with 10 for most of the second half. Onieda, with their heart and playing style, is a tough team to play on the road. Anyways good game.

LCsoccer, stop by the bench at the CAK Farragut game and give BigGExpress the details. We've heard a lot of stuff and would like to know what is true about the game. Oneida, good tie. For me, you have gained a lot of respect. I would like to see your regular season schedule a little stronger, but a tie vs. LC is a "victory" in a lot of ways.

Alright, after a night of decompression, here's my take.

Both teams played exceptional soccer. LC showed their skill, and their speed, and Oneida showed their tenacity and speed as well. Both teams showed amazing heart. The officiating, in my opinion, was even for both sides (taking in mind that I did not see the action that led to the red, and I'm gonna review the tape on it here in a few minutes). right after we finished our tape there, we went back and reviewed the non-call on the last play, and in my opinion, it was the right call. I didn't want to believe that, but the player that knocked DeAraujo over got the ball first, and it was shoulder to shoulder. The other defender pulled his leg away, and had no impact on the play. Overall, a game I would pay to see played again. Oneida's goal was DeAraujo carrying down the left side, into the box, and a shot that got away from Garcia, and rolled across the face to Devon Welch who buried it from about 2 yeards. DeAraujo banged another off the post, and McCollugh had the save of the year, deflecting a shot at full stretch off the post midway through the second half. If only Oneida could have held 7 more minutes... ;)

Tell us what you saw on the red card when you watch the tape Kendren. I'm curious as to know what in the heck the ref saw. It was a 50/50 challenge and both players got ball. I've never heard of getting a red for "striking" an opponent on a 50/50 challenge. But anyways it's said and done.

Alright, just took a look at it, and on tape, it's very, very clear. As the two came together, LC's #16 had the ball. Oneida's #8 steps in front and clears it off his foot, running into him in the process. As the collision happens, #16 turns to his left, and extends and swings his arm as if elbowing #8, but with an extended arm. The ref had an angle that all he sees is a player swing like trying to "strike", or punch sideways, and an Oneida player go down. It APPEARS that #16 hits #8 in the back of the head with the swing, thus the red. On tape, it looks again like a good call, and #16 might have a problem with a disciplinary hearing. I'm trying to think of how to get a copy to you so you can see it for yourself. It looks like he was trying to decapitate the player. I'm sure that wasn't his intent, but it sure looked bad.

hahahaha kendren u sure are a funny guy....lets hear an unbiased opinion...please i wouldnt go as far to say #16 tried decapitating anyone. 16 was in between two oneida players and # 8 fell down as he was doing the entire game. Rest assured.... if 16 wanted to "decapitate" oneida's "gift" i think he would've succeeded. C'mon Kendren watch the tape a bit more and see #8 rolling around like an actor. Anyways good game to both teams and to Kendren... just chill out

Read it again, I said it LOOKED like he was... I guarantee you haven't seen a tape of it. I have nothing against the guy, it just looks as if he deserved the red. He may not have touched the Oneida player, the action of striking that he did was deserving. And you say Oneida has a gift? LC had more Hispanic names on it's roster than I've seen all season. Funny also how you have the number 16 in your username... coincidence?

Edited by Kendren

Honestly, I don't know, to tell the truth. Quite possibly. If so, I apologize. Still, lc asked me to describe what I saw, I did. I actually feel bad for the kid, it does look like #8 embellished it when he saw he was getting a call, but I think the call was already made before that... the whistle blew, and the official had called #16 over once before he started writhing. I don't like that part of the game, but that's what he knows. I hope #16's suspension isn't too long, and he comes back strong. :lol: