Jefferson County

JC4life

Guest Oakland

then maybe they should a made a teaching position open before hiring euverard. jeff co hired a gamer as far as coaches go, and when you see em coach there over the course of the next couple of years you will realize it. so before you go about criticizing euverard, give the man a chance

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PASSINGGAME1

It all boils down to speed, athleticsm and size. Although chemistry, and unity and hard work are great. If you don't have the first three it is hard to be good.

Parker was a strong point of last years team?? If it wasn't for the athleticism of Brown, Parker would not have been labeled a strong point. Parker through the ball into double and triple coverage, and Brown would just go up and get it. Look at the yards threw to him, and not to anyone else. I am not completely down on Parker, he is a good athlete, a bright athlete, but his arm relied on Brown.

Acuff, and the rest of the receivers were thrown to in the single digits on the whole year. The TE was thrown one pass the whole year. So to judge Parker vs Pewitt is not an accurate statement. Pewitt may not have the arm strength, but he has the head for the game and the accuracy. If Bowlin's name buys him the spot, we will be in trouble. He can throw the heck out of the ball, but can't hardly come out from under center with it, or hold on to it long enough to find somone. Not a smart player, to be in a QB position especially with learning a new O.

Carson, Chris, and don't forget about Rabbit Lowery, who is tough, Also John Huskey can run the heck out of the ball. Trey Reilford can get some yardage also. So the backfield will be fine, the Offensive line will be strong as long as the starters stay healthy.

T/E can catch the ball and get some yac if thrown to him. The Billy did not get a lot of recognition last year as a blocker, due to the offense ran, most of his blocks release, just a touch and go under the scheme. But when he had straight up block patterns, he handled the best of them. Finney from Mtown, the big 6'7" lineman from Science Hill. Green and the rest of the gang will be good. The only question is can Hopkins step up to the plate game in and game out.

Defensive side, the line, should be good. DE should go to Luther hands down, should have been there all year last year, and he proved that the last four games. The other DE should go to Marcus, or Red. Both would be a good choice. Interior D line is a toss up, linebackers, Green is tough, our concern again is the pass coverage.

Anway enough rambling, you will be surprised by this years group of seniors. They have been a competitive group all the way up, smart good kids, love the game.

GO PATRIOTS!

I do not have a stake in this, but I will voice my opinion: Jeff County got a steal when they hired Euvarard. I played with him at Middle and he way overachieved as a player. He outworked everyone at his position and turned himself into a great player. He was 6'0", 195 lbs (maybe) and playing outside LB against teams like Eastern Kentucky, Murry State, and Gergia Southern, etc. He has carried that over to his coaching. I have been a part of 2 different staffs that had to play his Oakland and Clarksville teams. His teams were ALWAYS prepared in every aspect of the game. He takes great pride in the aspect of the game that a lot of coaches lose ballgames with: Kicking game. His Clarksville Team had 0 talent and he was able to keep his team in the game against a Northeast team that had Marcus Gildersleeve (Va Tech), Travis Stephens (Tennessee), and many more great players. His team was able to play with them because of his scheme. I have also coached at Riverdale, I know first hand how good Riverdale is and have been in the past and the great coaching staff that Coach Rankin has and had. For Oakland to beat them a couple of times is ridiculous, but somehow they did. So, Jeff County fans, relax and let the man get his feet wet and you will reep the rewards of success in time. Probably quicker than you think. The ONLY problem I see here is that it is unfortunate that Jeff County did not have a teaching position open immediately so he could move right on in. That appears to be the school systems fault, or a budget problem. At least with this situation, you know who your coach is. Just think if the kids have been working out and going thru a 1/2 way spring practice with only assistants doing the job. How fair would that be to the kids? At least they know who their leader is and their is no uncertainty.

I am not down on the coach and think he will be successful in due time. However, when Meadows took over, he came to the school everyday with no teaching position open. A different situation, but installing a new system takes some time, I would think. No one is down on the new coach, just confused. His talent base will be much different in Jeff. Co. than it was at Oakland. IN addition, the relationship building process between coach and players and the staff need time to develop.

But when he had straight up block patterns, he handled the best of them. Finney from Mtown,

First of all, Meodows ran away from Fanney,And if he "Handled" Fanney why did Fanney make all the plays he did. Yes you beat West, But you did not see anyone "Handle" Fanney ! Plus the kid from science hill was a good player,but only on offense. Too slow on defense.

But when he had straight up block patterns, he handled the best of them.  Finney from Mtown,

First of all, Meodows ran away from Fanney,And if he "Handled" Fanney why did Fanney make all the plays he did. Yes you beat West, But you did not see anyone "Handle" Fanney ! Plus the kid from science hill was a good player,but only on offense. Too slow on defense.

I wasn't cutting your precious Fanney, if you read the whole message, not just take part of it out of context, talking about one person's blocking ability, in the assignments Luther had, Fanney was not his assignment most of the time, or any DE, most of his assignments were the tackle, or down field lb, or Safety's.

Fanney was good, I say that, otherwise he would not be at Alabama, and I wish him the best of luck, but we are talking about Jeff Co line here in this post.

Sometimes I`m really shocked by my fellow Patroit fans. I guess when you have the same coach for 25 years you don`t know what the process is for getting a new coach,this is what happens when you hire a coach from so far away.No one is happy about the 4 day spring practice,not the fans,not the coaches,not the players,and not Coach Euverard.Do you really think he wants to have a 4 day practice?.But that is the spot we are in.He has no where to live for two weeks,no teaching job,and he should not have to drive all the way down here every day.So you explain it to me,how is a two week spring practice going to work?

I had a chance to meet Coach U when he came to town for a couple of days. He is going to do a great job. The one week of spring is not the perfect situation and he knows that but he is trying to make the best of it. All of you saying that the administration made a mistake who would you have hired and I don't want to hear about Hutch because He did not apply. I only want to hear about the that applied and I know that Red 81 and EastTn Guru knows who applied. He was the only choice we had unless we had tried to get a young coach with no head coaching experience. But then you would be complaining about having a coach with no experience. I will say that Coach U is in a tuff situation because he better beat Karns (Riley), South Doyle (Hutch), and West (Brown).

I had a chance to meet Coach U when he came to town for a couple of days. He is going to do a great job. The one week of spring is not the perfect situation and he knows that but he is trying to make the best of it. All of you saying that the administration made a mistake who would you have hired and I don't want to hear about Hutch because He did not apply. I only want to hear about the that applied and I know that Red 81 and EastTn Guru knows who applied. He was the only choice we had unless we had tried to get a young coach with no head coaching experience. But then you would be complaining about having a coach with no experience. I will say that Coach U is in a tuff situation because he better beat Karns (Riley), South Doyle (Hutch), and West (Brown).

Extrapoint, nice to hear from you again. A slight correction to your statement. Hutch did apply for the job. The administration drug its feet in hiring a new coach, and South-Doyle offered him the job in the interim. I talked with Coach Hutchins right after the decision to go with Coach U. Coach Hutch said he was a good football coach and a good man from what he has heard. I believe if the administration had offered him he would have come back.

JC4life, your life must be very short. Meadows was only hear for 2 years and Kisabeth for 20. The administration at JCHS knew how to conduct interviews for a head coach. They had just gone through it two years prior :( .

I do think Coach U will do a great job. I think he should have been willing to take a few "sick" days from work and come to have a "real" spring practice. You see, I do not want to hear from the West and DB fans talking smack if they beat us. I really dislike Trojans (don't use them) and Indians (darn savages :D ).