IS MILAN A SURPRISING TEAM THIS YEAR

milansoccer#20

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play for haywood and the milan game was a hard fought game, the ref on the bench side of the field was a joke he has no business officiating a u-8 game much less a district play-off match.Also, I believe the ref was from Martin and with all due respect to everyone who will read this it is bad when fans from Martin who had showed up to watch the Martin game which followed ours were saying that the ref was making bad calls.

Im not sure but im not surprised about the high scoring because haywoods defense is horrible.  My High School team scored 5 on them and my club team lit up 9 on them.  But im gonna give it to Freddy.  He has probly scored 90% of the teams goals over the season and has carried at best a mediocre team

the reason we lost to Milan was mainly due to the people we have had out the last few weeks. our team relies heavily on our starters, and we don't have the depth to bring people from our bench and play as well as the starters. Martin can bring people off the bench and still be effective even when their best players are out (i.e. Hurt missing from USJ game and still winning). the team we had playing against milan was not the same team that tied Martin earlier this year, which was the last time we had our FULL starting line-up. if we had everyone, we could have probably been just as good as last year's squad (maybe better). do you think a team that had beaten milan twice and tied martin would lose to milan with that score? the reason is we weren't the same!

by the way, in that game your club team scored 9 on us, we scored 8 on you....and we also scored 5 on you in high school soccer....so I guess your defense stinks too, right?

and by the way, we scored 106 goals this year, and by your calculations that means Freddy scored 94 goals this year! :lol: ....Freddy scored around 40 this year, that's 38%, a little less than 90%....just if you wanted to know the numbers. :lol:

Your club team had 2 or 3 all-staters on it. Your high school team has 1. Big difference. And also the game yall scored 5 on us we were playin in the outfield of yall's baseball field so it's very easy to score. Our defense doesnt stink it's just that freddie's that good expecially when he's playing on a small baseball field. He dropped 4 on us and the only other goal was by the forward #10 but the assist came after freddie juked a couple mid's and chipped to the left. Other than that there was no other shots by any other Haywood player. And u scored 106 goals on teams like covington,ripley, and dyer county. Those aren't solid programs so i wouldn't brag about scoring 106 goals on those kids.

Dont get carried away jeffgarcia. In no way is Haywood close to last years team. Last years team would beat anybody in yalls district and region. I saw this years team and they dont have many guys that can get the ball to Tims. If they did this years team would be a whole lot better.

I'm with you right there man, i play for trinity and everyone on our team played the game of ourlives except for our mid-fielders, when your mid-fielders don't play good nothing goes good at all for you, our best player on the team tore his ACL and MCL against southside and that didn't help either. If anyone read the paper today it made it sound as if we had gotten beat by the middle school team from USJ. That is why I hope milan shuts them out and scores tons of goals on them. it said that they had 3 freshmen and 8 sophomores starting yesterday( or something like that and i know everyone on that team and there were maybe 2 under classmen that played. I have very little respect for USJ and best of luck to Milan.

Yeah I had alot of fun playing against Milan. They all seemed pretty nice to me and I enjoyed playing them. I wouldnt mind meeting them again in the Regional championship, thats if we can get pass TCA. I've heard good things about TCA's team this year, lookin forward to a good match.

I read the "Jackson Scum" Friday and it did seem "a little biased" toward USJ! ;)

I am constantly being called to subscribe to this newspaper but why would I want a newspaper that only writes about teams out of Jackson. I understand that there are several schools there but come on, the writer of Friday's article about the USJ/TCA match made it seem like USJ is "guaranteed" a state championship. I'm sorry, but they are not the quality team that Martin is.

Milan has undergone a lot of stress this year-most of it brought on by themselves- but they have "stuck in there" and dealt with their problems.

This Thursday's game (USJ/Milan) is a "grudge match". It has been said that Milan didn't "win" the first time out against USJ but remember, USJ didn't score. So in the "best case" senario, it was a stalemate. I'm going to see the game and I hope Milan can perform to the level they did earlier in the season.

Hurt, The Milan team seemed to have a great time competing against Martin. It appeared to be a very physical game but both teams seemed to "enjoy" the match. I've talked to several of Milan's players and there were no "digs" about the style of play. It was hard fought and the better team came out on top. I believe the score might have been a little closer if Milan's keeper was performing at 100%. Of course you all still would have won but perhaps not 5-0!

Milan does have a great keeper but he has had no "formal" training. The young man could have a great future if they can get him some. He's got a lot of guts and doesn't mind coming out and sacrificing himself to get to the ball. Sometimes it appears he does that too often and pays for it dearly but that wisdom will come with age! ;)

I hope Milan gets to come back to Martin this Thursday but Tuesday's game against USJ is gonna be a tough one!

I would understand that TCA does not have a lot of respect for USJ, or does not like USJ, after all, I would not like a team that has beating us over and over since 1999! As far as the USJ middle school team, you do not have to worry about them yet, but they thumped TCA's middle school this year, so high school, middle school, it is the same story! Also, it was 5 freshmen and 2 sophomores for this game. And the 2 boys in the center of the field are 2 freshmen, and they ran the show, so get used to them, you will see them for the next 4 years.....

well you know nikaia, USJ does have a strong atheletic program and I know most of the soccer players and they are a great group of guys, although TCA has not beat you guys since 1999 i do recall them beating ya'll the first year they had a team. It's remarks that you made that make teams lose repect for you guys, i know the 2 freshmen taht you are speaking of and they did perform well and USJ should have a good team for years to come. I was just upset about the loss that day and i did regret what i said earlier. But still i would expect a little more class from you and not make a remark like that.