IS MILAN A SURPRISING TEAM THIS YEAR

milansoccer#20

hey nikalia, tca played awful that game. i know there is no excuse but they lost their key offense player due to injury in the game before and two of their defenders got injured. they played very un-organized. i would hope more than anything they could play yall and your "star" freshmen again. hope to see you soon nikalia.

also, good luck in football next year, wouldnt wanna lose to tca again now would u?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin/TCA - If the injuries that TCA recieved in the last game are not healed, I think Martin is going to overpower them.

I have not had the good fortune of seeing TCA play ball but up to the last game they appeared to be a fairly powerful force in their district.

If Martin plays "heads-up-ball" (which they seem to always do) I think Martin should beat TCA by at least 4.

Why would I worry about our football program? They got beat by TCA and made no excuses about injuries. As far as we are concerned, USJ beat TCA the last two years without one of its best player, Luke Miller, who just signed to play for Lambuth University. As far as playing our "super stars" freshmen, you will have plenty of chances thru the years, and believe me, they are not "super stars" yet!!!

hey nikalia, tca played awful that game. i know there is no excuse but they lost their key offense player due to injury in the game before and two of their defenders got injured.

I am not trying to stir up anyhting but he said himself that injuries were not an excuse. We were aware that Luke did not play and he is a very good soccer player. That game is a game of the past and I give USJ credit for the very good freshmen that they have. I am not sure about the outcome of the Milan USJ game yet but i'm sure it probably was a good game. USj should have a team that will be hard to beat in a year or 2. I am confused also because this thread was supposed to be about "is milan a surprising team this year" and it turned into a dispute between USJ and TCA.

Milan was beaten at USJ 3/1 tonight in a hard fought contest.

USJ came out shooting abd Milan slid into a "defensive" posture. There were a few good runs on the USJ goal but only one that turned into a point.

USJ is talented but young. Martin should be able to handle them as both teams play very agressive/physical ball. The difference will be the age and experience. If Martin can keep their heads screwed on straight and press USJ they should be able to capitalize on USJ errors.

Milan's problem was giving the ball away. If they can overcome that they will be a good team.

Milan's #11 was not a power on the field tonight but defensive Player #12, and #9 played an awesome match. #3 and #26 midfielders worked very hard to get the ball up the field and it was actually #26 who scored Milan's only goal.

Not much to say about Milan's offense. If they could have got it clicking they may have gone a little farther.

All in all I have to say that Milan was surprising this year to be able to compete with the "tough" talented teams in their area. Martin, Haywood, and USJ.

Milan has a young offense and mid-field so "better luck next year".

Good luck to all those still in the hunt! :angry: