State Meet Team Predictions

RocknTN

YOur freakin crazy turbocat. Anyways Oak RIdges showin at region isnt goin to be for the region champs. One of the members pulled a hammy. No fear they will bring home the state. BHSfootball go eat a ding dong, you gotta use my phrase. Stupid ######

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yall are all arguing over a lost cause...Brentwood Academys 4x800 has already run the 7th fastest time in the nation this year so if yall could go ahead and stop arguing over who is better its already settled thank you very much 7:53 thats a 2:01 minutes flat and a 2:01 and a 1:57 and a 1:54 until you can beat that lets stop arguing And ill go ahead and say THANK YOU for understanding

big statement from a little guy. you do have an excellent time, but nobody in AAA gives a rats bout DII track. so go back to yoour rich private school and honestly, thank you for the understanding.

you're a moron- obviously since their parents can afford nicer things, their hard work and achievements are worthless, right.....?

I think the bigger issue is that private schools can recruit and get higher end talent. I mean Brentwood's time is an incredible time regardless of what class they are in, but I do think they have an advantage being a private school. Back to the original discussion - the 4x800 in AAA is probably going to be one of the better races at the state meet. With four teams under 8:05, its going to be close. After watching the Section-1 AAA meet, I have to give the edge to Oak Ridge because Matt Hudson ran probably the easiest looking 1:55 I have ever seen. He was hardly breathing after it was over. Good luck to all.

I think the bigger issue is that private schools can recruit and get higher end talent.  I mean Brentwood's time is an incredible time regardless of what class they are in, but I do think they have an advantage being a private school.

no

Instead of just saying that private schools recruit, why dont you give an example. You know, in all the posts Ive ever seen about private schools and their unfair advantage, Ive never seen any example of recruiting. Recruting, by the way, is illegal and the only school ever found doing it was BA- AND IT WASNT FOR RUNNERS- give it up, just because theyre better than you doesnt mean they cheat or have an advantage- all it does is make you guys look like a bunch of whiney little losers who would rather complain about the problem than work hard to cancel it out.

[/ridiculous ranting]

also, if youre going to respond to this, please present an example of recruiting (if you say its because they can get students from wherever they want bc theres no zoning, Ill just give MBAs "recruited" football lineup as a good example)- otherwise, just ignore my rant and let the real debate be done in the proper forum...

Edited by coasterboarder

Like you said, Division II obviously has the most talent of any division in the state. Practically all of that can be attributed to good coaching and hard work, but it would be ignorant to say that private schools don't have an advantage. Maybe what I said came off wrong. I'm not saying private school coaches are going around handing out brochures and asking people to come to their schools. The fact is that if you totally disregard athletics, private schools are generally better than public schools. If this were not true, people would not pay lots of money to go them. Since they are better, that gives them an inherent advantage over everyone else. I was not meaning it to be a put down so there is no need to be a jerk about it. The only reason this is being discussed is because you felt it necessary to come on here and talk sh*t. How about we talk about some state predictions instead.

Like you said, Division II obviously has the most talent of any division in the state. Practically all of that can be attributed to good coaching and hard work, but it would be ignorant to say that private schools don't have an advantage. Maybe what I said came off wrong. I'm not saying private school coaches are going around handing out brochures and asking people to come to their schools. The fact is that if you totally disregard athletics, private schools are generally better than public schools. If this were not true, people would not pay lots of money to go them. Since they are better, that gives them an inherent advantage over everyone else. I was not meaning it to be a put down so there is no need to be a jerk about it. The only reason this is being discussed is because you felt it necessary to come on here and talk sh*t. How about we talk about some state predictions instead.

Thank you