District 3-AAA Tournament Bracket

HiwasseeVol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landon Chester pitched for Karns and went through the 1st two innings in order and in the bottom of the 3rd inning with one out, Cale would boot a ball for the 1st Wildcat to make a base by error. Vargas would then line out for the 2nd out and Oak Ridge would be at the top of the inning with Vargas on 3B.

Landon then would issue two BB and Oak Ridge would single, double and single for 5 unearned runs and take a 5-0 lead to the bottom of the 4th inning. Karns would strike for 1 run in the bottom of the inning to close to 5-1 after 4 innings.

Karns would close to 5-3 after 5 innings where Cale had a monstrous HR over CF, but Oak Ridge would respond with 3 runs in the top of the 7th and a 8-3 lead. Karns would score 2 in the bottom for the final 8-5 tally.

Oak Ridge had 8 runs on 7 hits and made two errors, only one of the eight runs were earned. Karns had 5 runs on 8 hits and had 3 errors. All 5 runs were earned.

Brenton Brown pitched for Oak Ridge and threw 6 innings and Ryan Simmons closed the 7th. Landon Chester threw six innings and Shane Ownby closed the 7th on 13 pitches, so Shane should be fine for later.

Karns had bases loaded in the 2nd with no outs and didn't score a run, the Beavers left 10 on base for the game. Oak Ridge left 5 on base.

Hats off to Oak Ridge, they did what they needed to for the win. The five unearned runs in the 3rd inning killed the Beavers. Karns now has a hard road in the double elimination tournament.

Edited by HiwasseeVol

well Powell squeezed by Central this morning. bases loaded 1 out, nance throws a curveball in the dirt. Derek Treece whifs and the ball bouces off the catcher and in front of him. Kevin Herman takes off and slides around the tag by the catcher for central. powell wins by 1.

Halls spread runs throughout the game ending it in 7 at 7-5. Oak Ridge stayed down for most of the game until a misplayed ball in right for Halls and then in the 7th RP Willie Buchanan gave up a 2(maybe 3) run blast to Mullins. Cody Phibbs went 6 1/3 for Halls with Buchanan going the rest. Nathanial somebody went for the majority for OR and then they brought in "red glove"(i dont know his name LOL)

WHO'S LEFT:

Halls v. Powell on Mon at 7

Oak Ridge v. Karns or Camp Co on Mon at 5

Loser of Halls/Powell v winner of OR v Karns or Camp Co Tues 6

Champ Game-Wed 5 30

Who pitched for Karns tonight? How was the game hiwasseevol. Who will you all throw against Oak Ridge? Should be interesting from here on out. Good luck to all.

Karns had Shane Ownby on the mound today in the 11-5 win over the Cougars. Shane threw 5 innings and scattered 3 hits, 2 BB and 6 K's (72 pitches), 1 Run (Earned). Clint Fox closed the last two innings and gave up 4 runs on 5 hits. Karns played good defense and had no E's.

I'm glad to see Campbell County playing good baseball this year as they finished at 8-19, I heard more than one Beaver player say they respected the Cougars all out effort.

Alex Henry continues his hot play at the plate going 3 for 4 with 3 RBI and a 2B. Brandon McKee added a 2B, as did Wes Lee. Clint Fox got his first HR this year bringing the number of Beavers hitting dingers to nine. (Cale leads the team with 13)

The first four players in the lineup had 10 RBI's tonight, but the Beavers still stranded 9 baserunners as did the Cougars.

I don't know who will pitch against the Wildcats who are playing very good baseball in the tournament. They will be hard to defeat at home, but if the Beavers play a complete game, they will compete.

I thought that Oak Ridge played well in the loss to Halls and came on strong again in the end. Jared Mullins had a 3 run HR to light the comeback.

Can't wait until Monday...Everyone do something special for your mothers tomorrow. :lol: You will never have more support than from her.

Well its getting towards the end. Tomorrow night at 5 either Oak Ridge or karns will end their season. I was wondering what everybody thought about the game? Also who is going to pitch for Karns they have already wastes Chester and Ownby until tuesday and wednesday. I know Oak Ridge will throw Mullins so its going to be very tough for Karns to pull this out. Should be a greta game though give me your thoughts

Well Oak Ridge is playing some good ball right now and if Mullins is on then Karns will have to play a complete game. It's wild how this year you cant count ANY team out in this district. OR has a lot of athleticism if they can put it all together! Karns has an athletic team that puts it together alittle more than OR. but as i said before you never know in this district! Both teams better be ready to play or someone is going home unhappy.(well either way one of the teams is gonna be unhappy ;) )

i think i might arrive early to experience some wildcat/beaver baseball tomorrow night. Good luck to both teams.

Karns won 4-3 over Oak Ridge tonight. Senior Eric Hill pitched a complete 7 inning game and gave up 3 runs (0 earned) on 6 hits and 1 E's. Eric goes to 4-2 on the year and threw 95 pitches.

Senior Jared Mullins threw six innings and gave up 4 runs on 8 Hits and 0 E's. Jared threw 131 pitches over 6 innings.

It was another good close game and both pitchers did well even after a 45 min rain delay. There were only 3 extra base hits, two doubles by Oak Ridge (Adam Dopel & Eric Barclay) and a double by Karns SS, Cale Iorg.

Karns will now meet the loser of the Powell vs. Halls game and Halls was ahead 6-0 in the bottom of the 7th inning when I left. If anyone has the final score, let us know.

If Halls won, they will await the winner of the Karns vs, Powell game that will be played Tuesday. Lockwood pitched lights out tonight for Halls.