District 3-AAA Tournament Bracket

HiwasseeVol

You are right on the money, HV. This was a classic high school baseball game and a joy to watch. Both teams played their hearts out.

As for the incident after the game, parties from both schools lost their cool. I hate that it happened. A large majority of the players and supporters from both schools have too much class to be involved in something like that.

I'm sure Karns and Halls will both represent district 3-AAA well in the region.

Edited by HTV

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great High school game and even though it didnt end as i would have wanted was a real well played contest. I totally agree that the after game incident took focus from a really excellent game. Everyone has a side to take or tell in the incident ,which has been brewing for weeks, but I have witnessed high school sports sink to a new low in the past few years as far as respect and appreciation for players and the game go. Its now seems that players lack the discipline and respect for the game and opponents in many high school games, not just baseball. I think its time all participants and fans in all sports to take a step back and see how things are going. Its time for the trash talk and the disrespect to stop. Lets go back to playing the game the way it is supposed to be played on the field and the respect for everyone off the field. You dont have to like everybody , but you also dont have to show disrepect for anyone either. It should be a privilege to play high school sports and represent your school and community, if you dont believe that ask the many kids that have wanted to play badly but didnt have the talent to ever step foot on the field. Good luck to both Halls and Karns as they continue into region play.

The game last night was Powell's last. So after the game our coach had the traditional good bye talk with us. We were on the field for at least an extra 30 min. The Karns, i watched, talked for about 5-10 min and the got their team together broke it down and left the field........They had no business still being even at the ballpark 30min later when powell came of the field.......their goal was to stir in crap, and they succeeeded...they had no intentions of doing anyhting except running their mouths......................I think that KARNS is a team full of great class and will represent our district welll____JOKE

Edited by hummer3

Well guys I agree that it got out of hand after the game. Although there is a problem with what went on. Karns won fair and square nobody had anything to say about it. But when Powell lost coach lawson had a talk with all the seniors to say the goodbyes and everything which took a good 30 minutes before the player got off the field. The seniors for Powell were very emotional and stayed out there talking for a few minutes afterwards. By the time they reached the parking lot which was enough time for Karns to already be gone for a good while they were still waiting for some people from Powell's team. Which definately is not neccessary because they won fair and square and nothing was needed to be said. I don't know about all you people but if people surround somebody's car waiting on them thats pretty immature and they need some growing up to do. But I just hope everyone will just play the game and enjoy high school sports. Goodluck to both Halls and Karns and represent District 3 AAA well!

Bazballguy25---- give me a break trash talking and bashing the players is what all sports are about thats what makes them fun who wants to go to a game and simply clap your hands together twice after something good happens THATS NO FUN the trash talking and hate for other teams is just apart of rivalries all together its just part of it so give me a break

oh and landon chester....why don't you give me a call next time you wanna talk to some of us from powell i miss you little buddy---so landon PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL

Zac, I hate to tell you but you have been watching to much pro wrestling or something. Sports has never been about trash talking, but it has been about beating your opponent on the field. I have played and seen sports for years and what we have now is rediculous. Maybe your attitude is exactly why you quit football your senior year and didnt play any other sports. I hate to tell you ,but they can have games without anybody clapping thier hands, its about the game on the field not those in the stands.

Knoxville Halls 10- Karns 0 in five innings.

Looks like Karns wins the Farragut lottery today and will travel to the Admiral stadium as a part of their “Game Day Line-Up” courtesy of Soupkitchen.

The Beavers were never in the game tonight as the 3-AAA loser’s bracket took its toll on the pitching staff. The Beavers were out of starters tonight and elected to start sophomore, Lee Henry and the fine Red Devil team struck for four runs in the top of the 1st inning on three singles, two hit batters and two fielding errors for good measure, two earned runs.

Lee Henry threw 1 inning followed by junior, Brandon Harless (1 1/3 innings), sophomore Randy Beets (1 2/3 innings), sophomore Evan Patterson (1/3 inning) and finally Keith Ferguson (2/3 inning). The Red Devils were ahead 5-0 after 4 innings, but Jeffery Lockwood lead off the top of the fifth with a HR and the Red Devils would plate four more runs in the inning for the final 10-0 score. (Five of the 10 were earned)

Halls started Cody Phibbs and he held the Beavers bats in check for three hits, only one extra base hit, and a 2B by Alex Henry.

The Beavers congratulate a fine Halls baseball team on the 3-AAA tournament championship and wish them well in their game against South-Doyle, an 11-2 loser to 4-AAA champion Farragut. The Beavers need to lick their wounds and get ready for the Admirals. I would hope that the team gives a better showing than the 2003 regional game at Farragut.

The Admirals are always fine host, I am sure the Karns student body, and fans will again support the team as they did in the 3-AAA tournament. It looked like the Beavers had more fans follow the team than any school there. The team thanks you!

Yeah a great deal of Karns fans showed up tonight...seemed like more than we had over on our Halls side. I would really like to see the beavers give the admirals a game. Everyone just wants to see Farragut lose. I have many friends that play on the team as well as many of the players in our district but I, as would about all of district 3-AAA, would like to see Farragut lose to Karns. I think it could happen. Anything is possible. Halls doesn't have the easiest game either with South Doyle. South Doyle is a pretty stacked team. It would be nice to see the Region Championship to have the same match-up as the District Championship did tonight with the two 3-AAA teams. I talked to a Karns' Dad in the bathroom today before the game and we both agreed that we were tired of seeing Farragut get all the props. Don't get me wrong they deserve every one of their honors and the respect they have, but it would just be a nice change to see them go out early. With all that said, good luck to everyone in the region.

Yeah a great deal of Karns fans showed up tonight...seemed like more than we had over on our Halls side. I would really like to see the beavers give the admirals a game. Everyone just wants to see Farragut lose. I have many friends that play on the team as well as many of the players in our district but I, as would about all of district 3-AAA, would like to see Farragut lose to Karns. I think it could happen. Anything is possible. Halls doesn't have the easiest game either with South Doyle. South Doyle is a pretty stacked team. It would be nice to see the Region Championship to have the same match-up as the District Championship did tonight with the two 3-AAA teams. I talked to a Karns' Dad in the bathroom today before the game and we both agreed that we were tired of seeing Farragut get all the props. Don't get me wrong they deserve every one of their honors and the respect they have, but it would just be a nice change to see them go out early. With all that said, good luck to everyone in the region.

not to offend you but how can you talk about south doyle having a stacked team and then talk about farragut and how they can be beaten???

not to offend you but how can you talk about south doyle having a stacked team and then talk about farragut and how they can be beaten???

Statement,

I think he was talking about the coin toss! :justwrestle: But I don't think we even get a chance at that with you winning the district tournament, I think that makes you "home". :D

I'm going to challenge soupkitchen to a "tatter sack" race, I think I can get him if we don't have to go far. :D

I meant anyone can be beaten by anyone on any given day. Granted some teams don't lose as much yeah but i mean losing is part of the game. I guess I just figured everyone thought Farragut was stacked as well. Both teams are good....and that's why they were 1 and 2.

i want to give props to Powell. Heck of a team this year. Powell throughed alot this year. Alot of people didnt think they would come out on top of the regular season, but you all proved you could. Good job.

Karns was expected to be on top and i figured it would be Karns and us again in the champ game for the tourny title. not saying we wont take the 10-0 win but i was kinda disappointed in karns performance tonight. I know that team is better than that. we came ready to play and hit the ball and scored the runs. congrats to karns in the runner up spot.

its been a great season in 3-aaa. i played alot in the field this year and made my diving catches and what not. i didnt get as many as bats as i wanted, but hats a part of it i guess. this is my senior year and i just wanted to say congrats to the seniors on all 3-aaa teams on your upcoming graduation and i commend you of your competitive nature. it has been fun and i wont forget times like these.

well 3-AAA its been real and its been fun, but now its time for regions.