FARRAGUT is the best in the state

billydakid2

Tennessee is not the best baseball state in the nation and I am not sure how Farragut would do if they had to play good teams each game out. Could they win big in Texas, Florida or California where they would have to win several big game in a row to win the state championship?

First, Farragut plays tough games including a win over #13 in the nation Male, KY. They travel every weekend to play the best competition around. If Farragut played only about 20-25 games a season, they would be less likely to lose since they could pitch their best pitchers each game. If you take notice to their two losses, they have pitched their 5 or 6 pitcher in those games. I would still consider Farragut in the top 5 in the nation.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Farragut plays tough games including a win over #13 in the nation Male, KY. They travel every weekend to play the best competition around. If Farragut played only about 20-25 games a season, they would be less likely to lose since they could pitch their best pitchers each game. If you take notice to their two losses, they have pitched their 5 or 6 pitcher in those games. I would still consider Farragut in the top 5 in the nation.

According to the Knoxville paper, the starter for Farragut was Waldron. I do not think he is #5 on the staff!!

Red,

Not sure how you got that from the Sentinel. Waldrop did not start the game, he came in in the 4th, game tied, runner on 2nd with no outs. He threw 2 innings. The paper is very clear on the battery for Farragut.

Don't take anything away from Maryville. They did what was needed to get the win. They have always played the Admirals tough. I would expect them to do the same when/if Farragut faces them again.

I think the most interesting item is that in both of Farragut's losses, both by 1 run, the last out has come with a runner thrown out at home!

Good luck to the Admirals today against a tough South Doyle team. :lol:

According to the Knoxville paper, the starter for Farragut was Waldron. I do not think he is #5 on the staff!!

And how often is the News-Sentinel correct? Waldrop went in relief with runners on and gave up no earned runs. He is pitching against them Saturday so they are saving him for the more important district tourney game.