FARRAGUT SHOULD REMAIN #1

MatchPlay

Here's why: Looking over the schedule and scores, Farragut has played regular season games against 8 ranked teams. Has anyone else done that??? And in preseason, Farragut beat #5 Catholic 3-0 and tied #6 McCallie 1-1. In regular season, those teams are:

From AAAA in Georgia, Farragut beat the #1 team DALTON, which is 17-2.

From Div 2 in TN... CHRISTIAN BROTHERS (#1), but beat BGA (#2),

From Div. AAA... MCMINN CO. (#3), OAK RIDGE (#5), BEARDEN (#7), and SCIENCE HILL (#9).

They play A/AA #1 CAK Thursday night, and will be favored to win.

Against those teams, Farragut is 6-2, with loses coming to CBHS and Science Hill. CBHS is still #1 in DII so Farragut should stay even with them. Science Hill was their ONE slip up this year, therefore they should not drop because of one game. ANYONE, show me a team THIS YEAR who has played better and more deserving competition and then I'll concede the #1 ranking. But Coach Culbreath from Farragut has does a great job scheduling his team this year to play the best. And so far, they have beaten more of the best than anyone else. Currently, Brentwood is #2 and they haven't played anyone. McMinn Co. is #3 which Farragut already beat. Realistically, Science Hill should move up to around #2-#5 somewhere, but Farragut should remain #1. Someone please dispute this claim. I am just a fan of soccer and have read many silly posts on here. I do like Farragut, and live in that area watching a lot of their games. But show me a better team, ON AND OFF paper. The NUMBERS and "MATCH-PLAY" do not lie!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I'm on Brentwood, and although I disagree with your statement that we havent played anyone, I do think Farragaut should remain #1. You can give us a little bit more credit though. Hendersonville, Frankiln, MBA, and BGA are not no one. throw in Centenial and Hillsboro an Overton, almost all of which are games played on the road (cuz we have only 3 home games this entire year cuz our schedule is horrible). LEts be honest winning on the road is much harder than at home and we have done well against some very quality teams. But once again, I just want to say I agree with you and think that Farragaut should remain #1.

Edited by That'sIgnorant

i agree...but rankings can be a funny thing sometimes. however, if i were a betting man, regardless of how they are ranked, id put my money on farragut come state tourney time. but the playing field among the top ranked teams in the state is more level than in years past......anything can happen.

First off, McCallie vs. Farragut was played in the preseason, a long way from where we are now. Secondly, talk to any player and they will say Farragut dominated the game. (Even PSAFOUR from McCallie said this) Farragut is still #1 in AAA, and they have some good victories to prove it.

Stop with all the crying! If you didn't want to lose your #1 ranking then you shouldn't have lost to Science Hill. Although I believe Farragut is probably the best team in the state, I disagree with the fans from Farragut getting on coacht and whining about everything. Just win your games and hush- pretty please?

I disagree Farragut should not be #1. They are a very very very very good team, but Brentwood deserves to be #1. like someone said earlier, Science Hill is Farraguts only "Slip-up" but that is 1 more than Brentwood. Brentwood is yet to lose. Yes, they have 2 ties, but they have 0 loses on their record. That in my opinion should be enough to get them then #1 ranking.

Farragut outshot Science Hill in that game 25-6. They just couldnt put it on goal. I would say Farragut is still the best but are hurting after the season-ending injury to Spencer Bobrowski (one of the top 5 middies in the state). I really don't care where they fall because there is no one in AAA who will be able to compete with them once the state tourney comes around.

Edited by Imrightyourewrong

Farragut outshot Science Hill in that game 25-6. They just couldnt put it on goal. I would say Farragut is still the best but are hurting after the season-ending injury to Spencer Bobrowski (one of the top 5 middies in the state). I really don't care where they fall because there is no one in AAA who will be able to compete with them in the state tourney.

Nobody in AAA that can even compete with them? Are you kidding me? They just lost to science hill proving they can be COMPETED with. OMG choose your words better next time becuz to say that Farragaut cant even be competed with is one of the most stupid things ive ever heard. Its not like they have beaten every team theve played 9-0. I take it back Brntwood should be the #1 team just because farragaut is so freaking arrogant.

Nobody in AAA that can even compete with them? Are you kidding me? They just lost to science hill proving they can be COMPETED with. OMG choose your words better next time becuz to say that Farragaut cant even be competed with is one of the most stupid things ive ever heard. Its not like they have beaten every team theve played 9-0. I take it back Brntwood should be the #1 team just because farragaut is so freaking arrogant.

Notice I said once state tourney comes. Farragut has had half their starters battling injuries this year. In the regular season if a starter is even hurting at all, he won't play. They're saving everyone to be 100% come tourney time. Second, they were trying out new formations to replace the loss of Bobrowski. They dominated the game against Science Hill (take notice to shot count). No one in he state has played better competition than Farragut and it has taken a beating on the team, but this also makes them ready for states better than anyone. So yes, when tourney time comes, they will dominate just as they did last year.

And for the arrogant Farragut thing, come on now, you can do better than that.