Brentwood at BGA

TheMyth

Iamtedy has really never bene a problem until one of his more recent posts that was totally derogatory to our left outside half. He really could have shown a little more class before attacking the kid like that. It seems like most of the actual players on BGAs side have been very good about the win, from what I can tell Themyth cleared it up by saying it was mostly their fans. Bornarebel, its no secret caldwell tore up our defense. It was no seret before the game started that Caldwell was going to tear up the defense. I even joked with him before the game how we were just going to try to stop him from getting a hat trick. Its not like were the first team he has scorched though. I would have loved to see Fromhold and Lucas go at it, but that will never happen I guess. I hope BGA wins state, some of the guys on that team really deserve it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post has gotten so far off base. It must have been a great game but why would anyone bring in race. And to call BGA a bunch of rich white kids is funny because the last time I drove through Brentwood i didnt see too many small houses. But this post should just focus on how great of a game this must have been. Thats Ignorant, Im sorry you were forced to go to public school. But speaking as a parent of someone who goes to public school I dont think its the end of the world. But I dont think your parents would be too pleased with you telling everyone about their personal life and their financial matters. The Brentwood players dont need excuses. They lost but are still a great team.

thatsignorant.....that is an ignorant statement....parents dont live thru their children....children live thru their parents...they live in their house...they eat their food.....they wear the clothes provided by their parents.....they type on the computers their parents made available for them.......they learned to play soccer by their parents paying for them to play rec...getting them to practice and games....putting them in camps....traveling on competitive teams and so on and so on. and did u say Jesus Christ.....he helps u too

Edited by soccermadness

ThatsIgnorant, I guess some just don't get your sarcasm, but please don't ban parents from a public forum. Some of them really like talking about soccer and the games they watch. I would hope most of them are not on here to chastise you but to engage you in thoughtfull conversation. Not all of them try to live through their kids, whatever that means. Now, what game were we talking about...?

Edited by bhs007

Back to the game,

I don't think the moaning about the refs is entirely unjustified. I know players and parents use it as an excuse sometimes, but, have you guys EVER had a game where the ref from Wed. night (who will remain nameless) has done a good job? I expect a ref to blow a call here or there, but repeated bad calls can swing a tight game. I am sure it has happened to both teams.

I am interested to know what the players think of his refing ability. This is not a personal attack on him, he is probably a great guy, and I think it is interesting that SO many parents and fans (from each team) know him by name and never seem too pleased with his performance.

Is there any reveiw process for refs? And who sets the guidelines or has the authority to discipline and remove refs? I think, for the most part, our refs here in Mid-TN do a great job, but, there are couple who make me cringe when I see they are the center ref, or on the side for that matter.

I think huge mistaken calls were made on Wed. night, on both teams. Do you guys think a more consistent ref would have had an effect on the outcome, leaving team bias aside...? Maybe the win margin would have been higher for BGA.

Edited by bhs007

But speaking as a parent of someone who goes to public school I dont think its the end of the world.

Considering Tennessee was ranked 48 out of (you guessed it) 50 in public school rankings in the US, I'd say its pretty close to being the end of the world. Although I believe that Brentwood High is one of, if not, the best in the state.

On the topic of the refs, I believe bad calls were made both ways. I am pleased though that there were actually 3 referees at the game (2 assistants and 1 center) which disproves any poor offsides calls in most cases. Considering there are usually only 2 refs at the game, this was a godsend. I guess thats all I have to say about that.