STATE PICKS

whizguy56

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! It is way too early to try and predict the success that teams will have in 2004. There will be some teams that had great seasons in 2003, but will struggle in the upcoming season. There will also be those teams that weren't too good last year, but they will turn it all around in '04. There are always a few sleepers out there that sneak up and beat the "great" teams in the postseason. I suppose that if I were forced to pick the champions now, then my picks would be:

1A- DCA

2A- Huntingdon

3A- Fulton (although I hope that it is Sycamore)

4A- Maryville

5A- Riverdale

D-2 (A)- SBEC

D-2 (AA)- BGA

D-2 (AAA)- Brentwood Acad.

Wow, you're picking Fulton to win 3A? Back to Back champions, Huh? ;) You can tell you don't know much about the teams in East Tennessee. Keep AE in mind and that's the only thing I'm going to say

I dont keep up with anything but 2A ut huntingdon has a shot at it again they still have alot of what the had last year but a little different Goodpasture doesnt stand a shot i dont think They lost just as much as David Lipscomb did id say DL before them!

Alcoa has a great chance in 2A. Last yr was mostly Sophs and Fresh. They will be a year older and more experienced. What school do you know that almost half their games are in 3A 4A or 5A that plays 2A. Their passing game is great so is there running game. Hope to see Alcoa in the BC bowl next yr.

I agree!  It is way too early to try and predict the success that teams will have in 2004.  There will be some teams that had great seasons in 2003, but will struggle in the upcoming season.  There will also be those teams that weren't too good last year, but they will turn it all around in '04.  There are always a few sleepers out there that sneak up and beat the "great" teams in the postseason.  I suppose that if I were forced to pick the champions now, then my picks would be:

1A- DCA

2A- Huntingdon

4A- Maryville

5A- Riverdale

D-2 (A)- SBEC

D-2 (AA)- BGA

Wow, you're picking Fulton to win 3A? Back to Back champions, Huh? :lol: You can tell you don't know much about the teams in East Tennessee. Keep AE in mind and that's the only thing I'm going to say

Fulton has your number man.

I dont keep up with anything but 2A ut huntingdon has a shot at it again they still have alot of what the had last year but a little different Goodpasture doesnt stand a shot i dont think They lost just as much as David Lipscomb did id say DL before them!

DL and Goodpasture lose a lot every year, and they reload every year. The 2A championship game could be picked from any of about 8 teams, and who knows what teams will be a surprise this year. I really like Alcoa out of the east. How much did Milan lose last year as well as Huntingdon. I know that H-town lost that Barry Sanders of a running back and that athlete-and-a-half at defensive end and punter, anyone else? Lipscomb loses some key defenders in at LB, DB, SS, and FS along with Robertson at RB but they keep Elrod at QB and argueably the best WR in 2A Austin Rogers. Something tells me there may be a little more passing next year.

I agree!  It is way too early to try and predict the success that teams will have in 2004.  There will be some teams that had great seasons in 2003, but will struggle in the upcoming season.  There will also be those teams that weren't too good last year, but they will turn it all around in '04.  There are always a few sleepers out there that sneak up and beat the "great" teams in the postseason.  I suppose that if I were forced to pick the champions now, then my picks would be:

1A- DCA

2A- Huntingdon

4A- Maryville

5A- Riverdale

D-2 (A)- SBEC

D-2 (AA)- BGA

Wow, you're picking Fulton to win 3A? Back to Back champions, Huh? :( You can tell you don't know much about the teams in East Tennessee. Keep AE in mind and that's the only thing I'm going to say

Please explain how they have our number? Is it because they made it to the championship the last two years? Because it can't be because they beat us in the playoffs. AE is 1-2 vs Fulton the last 2 years and one of those wins came by 1 and other came in OT last year. I don't think they have our number. But like I said, "Keep AE in mind"

1A- DCA

2A- Huntingdon

4A- Maryville

5A- Riverdale

D-2 (A)- SBEC

D-2 (AA)- BGA

Wow, you're picking Fulton to win 3A? Back to Back champions, Huh? :lol: You can tell you don't know much about the teams in East Tennessee. Keep AE in mind and that's the only thing I'm going to say

Please explain how they have our number? Is it because they made it to the championship the last two years? Because it can't be because they beat us in the playoffs. AE is 1-2 vs Fulton the last 2 years and one of those wins came by 1 and other came in OT last year. I don't think they have our number. But like I said, "Keep AE in mind"

I just wanted to add another quote to the group

Thanks!

1A- DCA

2A- Huntingdon

4A- Maryville

5A- Riverdale

D-2 (A)- SBEC

D-2 (AA)- BGA

I just wanted to add another quote to the group

Thanks!

Excellent post, Mr.T.

You strike me as a stand-up citizen.