Moore County Coach

wicked

After attending last nights game and seeing what took place, it quite apparent the coach has lost all respect from her players and the parents. The players have been saying for the last three weeks they did not like the coach and they were ready for the season to be over. I have attended several of the games this year have seen the coach throw little fits and go to the dugout and pout. She leaves players in the games when they are making errors on top of errors. She made the statement she did not want a JV team and some younger players came to her at the begining of the season and wanted to play and her remark was " you can come out but you will not get any playing time." She only has 12 players and five are seniors, so what is she going to do next year? Three of the returning players have said they would not play if she was coach next year. There are five great players in the school that have been playing softball most of their life and they have stated they would not play as long as she is coach.

The sad fact is the players have had to suffer from what she has done. She acts like a baby and talks to the players like babies and this just makes them mad. When she is coaching third base she tells the players "show me them pretty blue eyes' show me that pretty smile". The entire time this going on the parents and the other players are making fun of her.

In last nights game the other teams players were stepping out of the batters box and she would not say anything to the umpire. Finally one of the players dad begin to get on the umpire and he stopped it.

From what I have been told by some of the players, is that her problems began this year when she got mad at a practice and told the players if that is the best you can do I going to the house and went and got in her car and went to the house. If you ask me that just the same as quitting. The next day she wrote them a letter to explain instead of facing up to them.

I have also been told that she asks players what they think and then gets mad at them and holds grudges. There is a junior on her team that probaly has one if not the strongest arms and has played very little in the last ten games, and I asked her dad why she was not playing and was told that he had talked to her coach and the reason she gave was that the girl had no heart to be out there. He also told me that he asked the coach if she had explained to her why she was benched and her reply was that she did not tell her players why she benched them. He also told me that the players thought it was wrong not letting her play and one of the managers even met with the coach and told her that very fact. The manager asked the coach how she could say this girl had no heart and asked her did she see her and dad practicing after they returned from one of the road games. And the strange thing about this situation is the girl was honorable mention All State in Arkansas as a eight grader and All State as a nineth grader and honorable mention All District at a large 3AAA school as a sophmore. I would say the girl has plenty of heart.

I don't have a player on the team but I support the local girls in everyting they do. I feel for the seniors on the team, this team should have won many more games than they did. The sad fact is they team has gotten worst all year long and that can only because of coaching. The majority of the plyers and parents want this coach to resign and if she don't I don't see Moore County even having a team next year.

The Girls in Moore County derseve better.

Edited by wicked

I don't know your coach personally so her is my thoughts. This sounds like what some what happen at MT Juilet but without players quiting. I have heard good things about the coach at Moore Co(How she played and her love of the game). But some times great, good players don't make great or good coaches. Is her frist coaching job? I'm sure some coachs that are well respected across the state made some of these mistakes that she is being accused of, but later get better at manageing players, parents and school officals. Yes, your team should have won mopre games this year but we all wish or felt that we should have won more games. I was reading an thread the other day that said coaches can do just so much it what the players do on thje field that finally determines the out come of the game.

I feel players should take pride in their personally play not what the coach has said to them. Catch every ball that comes into your area or make a 110% effort to get it. Moore Co has a repetation of having these type of players in ALL sports. The way that you said it it said it that the players just don't want to show pride in what the County has to offer. There has been many things siad about how Moore Co is tough will from my point Please keep up the repetation that your community has built. If the coach is there don't stop play beacuse the program will have a hard way to build it back. If not support the school like you have always done. Good luck to Moore Co. Saturday I hope your team, coach and county well.

Please don't take any thing out of context here. I enjoy watching and competeing MooreCo sports.

I would just like to say that Coach Bondurant is one of the best coaches in District 11A. She is knows the game very well. She has really helped Moore County's program and is trying to turn it around and I will say it again until the summer league leaves slow-pitch and goes fast-pitch she is fighting an uphill battle. Also when a program has 6 coaches over a period of 6 years it is hard to get a program on track. As for the players and parents not liking her you apparently haven't talked to very many of the parents or players. She is a tough coach and demands respect. So does the coach at Forrest and she has a great program. I don't know of many people or players who is going to agree with everything a coach does but that is just human nature. Keep up the good work Kaci I hope you are here to stay for many more years.