Brentwood 0-1 Ravenwood

gophergoal

Maybe because:

a.  some things are more important than winning,

b.  he doesn't care about rankings or what you think, or

c.  though this may sound inconceivable to you, Ravenwood just won the game

let me see if i understand the logic......

a. some things are more important than winning ...u mean losing is more important than winning?

b. he doesnt care about rankings or what u think.....u mean that he cares so little about rankings that he intentionally lost so that they wouldnt be ranked? and even though he doesnt know me or what i think, he was afraid i might think they were good so he threw the game?

c. though this may seem unconceivable to you, Ravenwood just won the game......ive said all year brentwood was overrated..this is very conceivable. and yes Ravenwood won the game...but the brentwood boys have been saying that they didnt play their starters...indicating that if they had they would have won.

so to sum it up....the brentwood coach thinks losing is more important than winning....and....the brentwood coach hates to be ranked so much that he benches his better players so they wont be ranked....and...he doesnt want people he doesnt know to think they are good.

thanks for clearing that up cw160

Edited by soccermadness

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! i didn't know Brentwood was that stupid! Why on earth, would one of your starters go and get a Red Card and then make himself ineligable for the next game, which is district tourny? Pretty Smart!! Well congrats to Ravenwood and Coach West.

ACtually it wasnt stupid at all. We dont play anyone worth mentioning in the quarterfinals fo district. It either Spring hill or Hickman County. He will actually be well rested for our semi final game tuesaday against either Overtone or hillsboro.

Yes,

a. Maybe resting players for the upcoming tournament is more important than taking a chance on further injury and losing somebody for a game that counts toward tournament advancement.

b. Nowhere did I say he lost intentionally.

c. The Brentwood players can say whatever they want; they can and probably will win the district championship, but they lost the other night.

You asked for possible reasons and I gave some. You sure make a lot of inferences. Maybe, just maybe, he thinks about things other than rankings.

Maybe ya'll (Brentwood) just lost??? Can't handle the heat?? CAK soccer told you that being #1 was a monkey on your back!! Why can't ya'll just say we played a bad game and got beat?? You have 10 excuses and NONE of them make a bit of logic!! YOU LOST !! it isn't the end of the worlkd at this point but it will any game after this!! NO more excuses or whining, just move on

Maybe ya'll (Brentwood) just lost??? Can't handle the heat?? CAK soccer told you that being #1 was a monkey on your back!! Why can't ya'll just say we played a bad game and got beat?? You have 10 excuses and NONE of them make a bit of logic!! YOU LOST !! it isn't the end of the worlkd at this point but it will any game after this!! NO more excuses or whining, just move on

I am the only member of the Brentwood High School soccer team that has posted on this topic. Dont take what anyone else has written and view it as coming from our team. Everyone else is simply speculating and saying what they think MIGHT have happened. Nobody on the Brentwood soccer team made any excuses, all excuses have come from other people around the state.

cw160

well thank you.....that was better and without the sarcasm of ur earlier post...now i do understand. i posted this 2 days ago and i will post it again.... brentwood is on a slippery slope....they only have 3 wins in their last 7 games.....this is a bad time to lose momentum....brentwood has lost it as well as confidence....but the confidence of other teams is increasisng with every blemish on your record......momentum is hard to turn around...confidence is even harder. hope u can find a way....good luck in the tourney...hope to see u in memphis

Edited by soccermadness

Why do people not understand that not all coaches care about rankings or what other people think: other teams, parents, media, "soccer experts." and people on this board?

There was no sarcasm intended earlier. Obviously, he doesn't care what you, or I, or people on this board think.

He knows more than anyone what his team needs, and he's chosen to not publicize it. Hooray for him.

Why would a coach come on here and give reasons for his teams loss? It seems that would be a way to help future opponents?

cw160

well thank you.....that was better and without the sarcasm of ur earlier post...now i do understand. i posted this 2 days ago and i will post it again.... brentwood is on a slippery slope....they only have 3 wins in their last 7 games.....this is a bad time to lose momentum....brentwood has lost it as well as confidence....but the confidence of other teams is increasisng with every blemish on your record......momentum is hard to turn around...confidence is even harder. hope u can find a way....good luck in the tourney...hope to see u in memphis

hAHA I guarantee you one thing we havent lost is confidence

Why would a coach come on here and give reasons for his teams loss? It seems that would be a way to help future opponents?

if it is true that he only played half of his starters and lost....i dont think he could say anything that would help future opponents anymore than he helped Ravenwood. if philip fulmer benched half of his starters and lost because of it.....you better believe he would have to explain his actions.

but seriously i dont believe that brentwood only played half of their starters. i think that is just something someone posted on here to justify the loss. there may have been a couple nursing injuries and a good coach would not risk furthering those injuries prior to tourney time. i believe ravenwood employed a bunker D and made it work...sometimes when you are outmanned that is the only option.

one last thing....even if brentwood doesnt care about rankings there are a lot of teams that do...and now that brentwood has acheived the #1 status, teams will be gunning for them. everyone wants to beat #1......so remember, even if you dont care about rankings...you are now walking around with a big "S" on your chest...and that will bring out the best in your opponents.

anyway....good luck in the tourneys and hope to see you in memphis

You were sandbagging. You knew more information about the teams and game than most people.

I think your comparison to attitude about winning football at UT and winning soccer at Brentwood are pretty close. Except at UT it's alumni, and at Brentwood it's parents.

Your posts are interesting. Since you're so familiar, you must be from the area.