News Flash - Dobyns-Bennett Wins State

TNGR8

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Db is not a team to take lightly. They have some great ball players coming in and one of the best coaches around. I have played them 3 times this year and each time played they have seem to have gotten better. There whole lineup hits the ball and duran and fritz are both decent pitchers and on a good night can beat anyone. I have also seen faragut play and have talked to teams that played them and each team has said some stuff that you dont hear to often like (THERE GODS)

and (WOW) so im sayin db will make it to state but faragut all the way. They are to strong. But ya never know any thing can happen on any given night so good luck to all teams including db. I have alot of faith in that ball club especially there coach.

I'll say this much about Dobyns-Bennett.....

To make a long story less long, it takes great pitching AND great hitting to win games this week. D-B doesn't have that combination this season, but they have had a great year. Sometimes the pitching is solid and sometimes the Indians put the bat on the ball, but neither has been consistently awesome throughout the year.

I'm rooting for the Tribe, but the losses to Sullivan South may have taken the wind out of their sails.

Edited by WriteStuff

The game tonight at Jeff. Co. was exciting. Jeff Co. gave up 3 unearned runs to allow the Idians to win. I have to believe that both sides will agree the umpiring was terrible all night long. No consistancy behind the plate. Killgore's breaking balls were on tonight, but I would have to say that DB will have to step it up a notch to get past region 2 on Friday. Best of luck to the Indians, and the Patriots were just one hit away from playing on Friday.