Chatt. Central vs Ooltewah

DeepBall

i must say this. and you would think im bein biased but im not. its not all on his parents and i know its not on lively. ill us my own brother for example, my parents were at one time very very strict so much that i was scared to death to speak to my father at times and they disaplined my older brother till they couldnt swings their hand anymore and he is in and out or prison and jail all the time. just cause you disapline your kids dont mean they will grow up right they were more leaniant on me and ill be the only one of my siblings to graduate and go to college. wilkes dad, i know, disaplines ryan. ryan makes his own choices if he does somethin wrong he knows hes doin it. as for lively ryan respects lively more than anyone and he does what he says there just isnt any backbone right now with him gone. you want my opinion? everyone was wrong. the coaches were wrong for not gettin this on going problem under control at the beginning of the year the players that quit were wrong for not bein better sports, teammates, and mature enough to play their l;ast game with the problem and wilkes was wrong for running his mouth when he got mad.dont blame one person. this is soemthing that has been exculating sor along time, and therefore i put most of the blame ont he coaches they are ultimatly the ones with the power to play not play or dismiss a player.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Central and Ooltewah (the top 2 seeds) are now officially done for the year. Let's put the Wilkes thing to rest. He is no longer a Tennessee high school baseball player. If he truly ever plays for Kentucky, I'm sure he'll light up their message boards. He's their problem now. As for the Central coaching situation, something should be done. But I doubt anything will happen. Good ol boy network strikes again.

Baseballl America - Likely Top Draft Pick booted from Flordia HS one week before playoffs start

Listen - read this article and tell me about your coaching staff's response - you don't have to put up with it - and I don't think Mr. Wilkes is as good as this guy - even though the future draftee wasn't even the problem - because of his mom he got booted - I would suggest contacting this coach for his rules, etc and see how he handles tough situations. Sounds like Houghton has no guts to me. The Wilkes kid, if he doesn't change, will never step on the field at UK

Excerpt from Article -

"I did everything in my power to try and live with the situation, and it got to the point where it was a distraction and we had to move on," Duffin said later. "There was team policy rule that was broken, and the integrity of the baseball program is not going to be threatened and there's not one man that is bigger than the program. Every parent received a packet of the rules, and unfortunately it was something that just was not being treated the way we outlined it before the season started. There can not be exceptions made and we had to make the decision."

Edited by baseballwizard