Grundy 21 - Hixson 7

DelTavian

I too was at the launching pad last night. The Cats looked awful. Poor pitching, defense and little offense. Today is another day. Unfortunately I think the Yellow Jackets win a close one. They start Fults and finish us off with Woodlee.

See ya'll tonight.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax, boys. I'm just telling it like it is. Hixson, stop yer bragging about your mighty home runs. You're trying to make the rest of the state believe that your team is packed with muscular home run hitters who are being scouted by the majors. Not! Y'all are a decent AA high school team, better than some, worse than others. You happen to play most of your games in a tiny park, and you hit ten home runs against a team (Howard) that barely shows up to play baseball, much less cares about it.

I know of another area team that has given up about eight home runs this year in 40 games. Are their pitchers that great? Are the scouts swarming at every game? Of course not. But they play the majority of their games on a HUGE field, that rarely yields a home run. If they wanted to, they could "play up" that fact. But they have a lot of class, and they're not trying to blow any smoke.

Alright fella32 cool down yourself... no one is trying to blow any smoke about anything. Hixson doesn't have "muscular home run hitters" they just have a bunch of average kids that have good swings. The strongest guy on the team only has one home run this year. Also, hixson has hit just as many home runs away from our "tiny field" as they have at home. so quit hating on us and go home and play baseball on your playstation all summer because your real baseball season is over.

Hixson has 40 home runs for the season. FACT! Hixson has hit 24 home runs at home and 16 on the road. FACT!

Hixson's field dimensions are not any shorter than 90% of the fields in the area. The only place ours are shorter is down the lines. The biggest thing nobody mentions is that the ball carries great at Hixson. Is that Hixson's fault?

As far as last night's game goes, that was one of the poorer pitching performances and defensive efforts we've had all year and we got what we deserved. Grundy can hit, no one ever doubted that and they did. Come to field tonight with your heads on the field and your eye on the prize!

Smalls i would have to say Sitz is probually pitching. Fults will probually be the first out of the bullpen. I was at the Grundy-Hixson game that Smalley pitched and i would have to say that tonight i would have to put my money on Hixson. No team is going to get beat that bad and then come out and get beat again to much pride for that, IF it does happen then Grundy is better than I thought.Grundy is good but not great. All you have to do against them is throw outside and they wont get to many hits. Yes, i know there still playing i'm not. Im not on here to get in the trash talkin so before you grundy people start runnin your mouth about how your still playin and im not i understand that im not. Good luck both teams hope its a great game and is played the way baseball is suppose to be played.