Hixon @ Walker Valley

panther23

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, Walker Valley is a very good baseball team. You don't compile a 38-2 record and not be a good baseball team.

That being said, this is a one-game, loser goes home, series. If Hixson can get a good pitching performance from Brett Smalley and can have the same offensive and defensive performance that we had last Monday when we played Grundy, then we've got a shot. At this time of the year, that's all you ask for is a shot.

Win or lose, I am very proud of these young men and the way they've played and conducted themselves on the baseball field this year. You've done your school, your community and yourselves proud!

This young group of guys really deserve everything that they have accomplished this year. They worked hard and got the job done up to this point, and I sure hope they will come ready to play and take WV out. No one is going to sneak up on WV or get lucky this late in the season, they will come ready for every game.

This game is going to come down to the heart...who ever wants it more.

Its gonna be an awesome game!!!

WV@ 5:30 come and see it.

Walker Valley has a team that is very good. Don't know how they will hit against good pitching. They haven't seen alot of it this season but I expect them to pull through. The field is beautiful and good food. But you do need to bring chairs because there is no where to sit there and the parking is bad. No parking at all. The field is small so look for several long balls to be hit. Fence is pretty short distance. I say even with good pitching Walker Valley on top 8-6 in a good game.

:( OMG! i put all my faith in hixson and they go and do this. well they still have a chance so just hope they do better. wasn't at the game but it sounds like it was a good all around game. good luck to both teams and dangit dane how could you let hixson lose. lolz later :D

Hixson is a great team and came to play- excellent pitching by Smalley and supported by sound defense, but came up a little short. Another complete game shut-out by Pat Dye and the Walker Valley defense. Timely strike outs when Hixson threatened. Nice crowd despite the rain. We're proud of you Mustangs and can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Just continue to do your talking on the field one game at a time.