Brentwood / Franklin

EZMUNYMAN

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real close game.. brentwood scored on a header.. cicero scored with jason busher getting the assist. brentwoods defense was strong again. they always seem to step up in the big games. it was a great game to watch. congrats to both teams it was well played. it was a clean game unlike the last time they played. should meet agian for region championship with a little more on the line. good luck to all. congrats to all members of the district 11-aaa team.

Actually, Lowder got the assist. 11-AAA team players for Brentwood were Lowder, Cicero, Kinsey and Edmonds. Don't know about the rest.

I have to agree with the "clean" game statement. I was expecting a lot of conflict, given the incidents in the last game, but both sides played very hard with few penalties. I suspect both teams respect each other a little more now.

Edited by bhs007

Yea, Id definitely say everyone on the rbentwood team was expecting at least some scuffles (some of us were expecting a full blown fight). It was kind of odd that it never happened. We were actually talking to them on the field in a nice way. I know the defense had a kind of running diologue going with Veech and Nichols. There were just no unsportsmanlike things said the entire game from I could hear. Im still not convinced that we should expect this in the region final. All it takes is one bad tackle to send everyone back to each others throats.

WOW, you would think they (Centennial) would have gone a lot further with those kind of credentials. Oh well. The downside of a democratic process :lol: it's not always logical but still better than the alternatives. It does seem that the common denominator here is Seniors, they have just got to be the best because they are Seniors. Justin Mooneyhan was named offensive player of the year. While he is very, very good, I can name three players, just from Brentwood, who had more offensive output than him. They weren't all seniors though.

Edited by bhs007

but in some cases numbers dont tell everything. when we played hillsboro he didnt score but he was the one the made everything happen. he might not have had the goals but withought him his offense wouldnt have been nearly as good. but i understand what you meant about the other bwood players could have had it. hey matt, at the end of the game i didnt realize kevin hall(#11) was that fast.. i thought ryan nichols had a for sure breakaway and then kevin ran with him and got the ball. congrats on the district team too buddy

I'm not trying to take anything away from Justin, I have watched him play since he was in the 8th grade and he is a great soccer player. I just don't think that the All-District team is truely representative of the best players nor are the "Players of the Year" the best players. It's a shame if you are really great player on a really deep team like Brentwood or Franklin, because spots are awarded to less talented players on less talented teams, but that is why they call it "All" District. And you mention the fact that there are players that may not score but "really make things happen," well, they rarely get recognized. This probably belongs in another thread but it was brought up here.

but in some cases numbers dont tell everything.  when we played hillsboro he didnt score but he was the one the made everything happen.  he might not have had the goals but withought him his offense wouldnt have been nearly as good.  but i understand what you meant about the other bwood players could have had it.  hey matt, at the end of the game i didnt realize kevin hall(#11) was that fast.. i thought ryan nichols had a for sure breakaway and then kevin ran with him and got the ball.  congrats on the district team too buddy

Thanks PAcky, congrats to u 2. I couldnt believe he ran him down either. After he did it, I looked at Frommy (Our left Fullback) and both of us were just kind of stunned. He was playing midfield and he totally saved the defense's tail. If you had asked anyone on our team if he could keep up with them before that im sure you would ahve gotten a no. I mean, we knew Hall was fast, but I dont think anyoneknew he could do that. Also, about the Justin Mooneyhan thing. Id say everyone on Brentwood thinks he is the best player in the District. It pretty much had to be ither him or Cal, and Im sure if Mooneyhan had won overall, Cal would have gottten Best Defender. Those two were the best, and Mooneyhan shouldnt be penalized for playing on a weak team. AFter the game against Hillsboro, I cant tell you how many times I heard "I wish he played on our team, wed have to be the favorite for state." Mooneyhan put in two gaols against us pretty much single handedly, and hes even good enough to where hes playing for The Metros this summer. When Mooneyhan scored his second goal, Kevin Hall said "I don't care, hes the best ****** player we've seen this year". That is saying alot considering weve seen the likes of Xander, Jonathon Cartwright, Caldwell Lucas, etc. The only selection I was disappointed in was the Defensive Player of the Year to Idris. That scratched more than a few head on our team. Judgin from what Ive seen, it should have been either Edmonds or Patrick Lazear (assuming the Franklin game was not a fluke, correct me if that was).

Edited by That'sIgnorant

I was also disappointed with the Most Valuable Defensive player award. Idris is a good defender but I thinks Edmonds did a better job this year of shutting people down. Edmonds had a better support cast of defenders as well as an offence that could always score. I guess Idris got it because of what he did w/o much help.