All-State

laxdaddy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to point out some of my grievance with the selection of the all-state teams. Farragut just had their second 1st-team all-state player ever this year (the last was Brad Coker in 2000, UNC) and their 4th 2nd-team all-state player. We never have more than one or two honorable mention players each year which I find a joke. This year, Webb had a 1st-teamer who I think is a deserving one, and 3 honorable mention guys, one at all positions.. Farragut had one honorable mention player who in my opinion was no worse than 2nd team all-state. I hate to sound cocky or what not, but Webb was a far worse team than Farragut this year. Farragut should have had at least one or two more middies and 1 defense get honorable mention over some of these other guys. Our attack had the #7 point scorer in the state and the #4 goal scorer. I know that stats aren't everything but these guys at least deserve some credit. It just seems to me that since Farragut is a public school in a private school division that we don't get the credit we deserve. I know I have a bias opinion, but this just seems sorta ridiculous to me.

Edited by Imrightyourewrong

I would just like to point out some of my grievance with the selection of the all-state teams. Farragut just had their second 1st-team all-state player ever this year (the last was Brad Coker in 2000, UNC) and their 4th 2nd-team all-state player. We never have more than one or two honorable mention players each year which I find a joke. This year, Webb had a 1st-teamer who I think is a deserving one, and 3 honorable mention guys, one at all positions.. Farragut had one honorable mention player who in my opinion was no worse than 2nd team all-state. I hate to sound cocky or what not, but Webb was a far worse team than Farragut this year. Farragut should have had at least one or two more middies and 1 defense get honorable mention over some of these other guys. Our attack had the #7 point scorer in the state and the #4 goal scorer. I know that stats aren't everything but these guys at least deserve some credit. It just seems to me that since Farragut is a public school in a private school division that we don't get the credit we deserve. I know I have a bias opinion, but this just seems sorta ridiculous to me.

#3 on your team deserved honorable mention. Attack was really deep this year, so he might have gotten screwed because of that, but he was pretty good.

I feel for the attackmen this year, it was so tough to get any recognition because every top offensive player was an attackman and they were all really good. I mean, Spencer Cooke got honorable mention and he was his teams leading scorer and a pretty solid attackman. Kizar from Farraget had a pretty good year too but he didnt get anything. So I think that the 1st all-state team was reasonable, but everything after that was probably really hard to pick. There are only 9 spots for attack, and there are definatly more than 9 really good attackmen in the state.

there is something fishy about this years All State.

Its always a little fishy it seems. I think it stems from the way the coaches vote and rank good guys on other teams lower so there guys have a chance, not to beat a dead horse but the fact that 2 time all american clint brakebill was voted as the 6th best middie in the state by a certain USN coach remains a not so subtle reminder as to the general screwiness of the whole thing

They beat MBA maybe?

Not at all, I'm a little far removed to worry about stuff like that. I thought that out of the three, Westminister had a much more developed team. Lassiter had several very good athletes with good sticks. It appeared that they relied on four guys for about everything. That will win some games but if you notice, by the end of the season it had caught up to them and some of teams they had somked earlier, played them very close and Lovett tied them. I thought Lovett and Westminister were very similar. Both had good sticks from top to bottom and patient well developed offenses. The only reason I prefer Westminister is because I thought they were slightly more athletic. They had a fast, strong LSM and two bigger attackmen. I dont have time to check but I think Westminister and Lovett split during the regular season.

i think that they decision should not be detrermined soo much on stats. there is such this as keeping stats wrong or under keeping stats and not giving that person what actually happend. also there are some teams that will leave there starters in throughout a blow out. i think burn had a triple hat trick against west potomac thats just uncalled for in my opinion