TSSAA Scoreboard at Spring Fling

enall

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, a WONDERFUL idea. I don't see it happening, but who knows...

Do you really want to try to play nine games on the same field over two, maybe three days?

One of the complaints earlier in the thread was that, aside from the stadium, the fields are overused. Another suggestion that a lot of people seemed to agree with was not having more than two consecutive games on any given field.

Once again, a WONDERFUL idea.  I don't see it happening, but who knows...

Do you really want to try to play nine games on the same field over two, maybe three days?

One of the complaints earlier in the thread was that, aside from the stadium, the fields are overused. Another suggestion that a lot of people seemed to agree with was not having more than two consecutive games on any given field.

The problems lasty year was not nine games in 2 or 3 days. The fields are plenty good enough to take it. The fields being over used stems much further back into the spring. These fields are used weekly for league games. Add that to the fact we had a very wet spring last year, the fields never had the time to recover. Actually, I think the fields were in great shape considering what the went through.

My biggest complaint last year was having games played at the same time. I talked to Ronnie Carter about it and he said they had several complaints and would make some changes this year.

Once again, a WONDERFUL idea.  I don't see it happening, but who knows...

Semi-Finals and Finals were played in the Chattanooga stadium without a problem prior to Memphis. The Semi-Finals were treated in a first class environment as it should be. Having the quarterfinals and semifinals at springfling all at the same time seemed more like herding cattle than displaying great individual matches. The TSSAA should consider this issue at the next bid.