Lipscomb vs. Walker Valley

twittycanes

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know much about Lipscomb but I am sure they are a great team to make it this far. I have to agree with Grad on this one, this is going to be one heck of a game. In order for Lipscomb to win they are going to have to beat Patrick Dye, Walker Valley's ace. He's been perfect this year with an 11-0 record and a 0.66 ERA. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Edited by ProHScout

A note to TwittyCanes...

When DL defeated Barett Brown greenbriar made 13 errors. When DL beat Josh Moffitt, MLK gave up 4 unearned runs in the first inning without a ball being hit out of the infield.

With that, they do put the ball in play a lot and capitalize well. It will be a good test to see if they can beat someone good without the other team making a bunch of errors.

Yes, Grad, Walker Valley is done. They have a good team, but with their record, it is obvious they don't play the tough schedule that others do. Either way, to win 39 games is something to be proud of. Give Lipscomb credit. These guys battle to the very last out with 2 straight wins coming in the bottom of the 7th. Too bad one of these teams had to lose.

A note to TwittyCanes...

When DL defeated Barett Brown greenbriar made 13 errors. When DL beat Josh Moffitt, MLK gave up 4 unearned runs in the first inning without a ball being hit out of the infield.

With that, they do put the ball in play a lot and capitalize well. It will be a good test to see if they can beat someone good without the other team making a bunch of errors.

Hey Josh - I was paying a compliment to all of you guys. Why do have to make excuses? I was not even talking about the fact that Lipscomb beat all of you guys all I was saying was that you guys were as good as any Walker Valley pitcher. The reason Lipscomb is where they are at right now is because every team that Lipscomb plays we see their #1 & that helps prepare us down the road.

Josh it seemed you got a little defensive with your post. The errors you are talking about are part of the game. The 4 unearned errors in your game it seemed you contributed a little to that by not being able to make a good throw to 3rd base & not being able to field a bunt. Thanks for you competitive spirit, you are one of the reasons why Lipscomb is where they are today. Good Luck at Belmont & I'll be keeping up with you.

I was not making excuses, I was just pointing out a fact: Lipscomb capitilizes on mistakes. Heck yeah, I got a little defensive. I hate it when I get beat because I am competitive in nature and hate to lose. And about that throw to third, it was a combination of things. The problem was, I threw the ball about 85 from the mound to third and the third baseman, a sophomore, said he never picked it up. I should not have thrown it as hard as I did.

I have all the respect in the world for Lipscomb and Ernie. I mean, obviously they are good and all or they wouldn't be in the state tourny. I guess they can beat good teams...they won the test and proved a lot of people wrong. DL really came on strong at the end of the year.

Plus, I couldn't have given up four unearned runs in the first if I contributed, could I? We as a team messed up in the first and made errors that should have been three outs. All that crap in the first inning would have been avoided if we had just made the plays. If, if, if...you could do that all day.

You pointed out a fact and so did I: that Lipscomb beat two good teams off a lot of errors. I am not taking anything away from DL at all.

By the way, who are you and where do you play summer ball?

Thanks for the good luck...I hope I can break into the rotation as a freshman.

Edited by TNAthletics2b