Any info on CSAS?

Soccerdude83

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest legolas

It sounds like CSAS is a much improved team from earlier in the year. I know that they have some very good players. I think that they have a bunch of players that have been able to pull it together with great direction from their coaching. I wish them well at the state level.

Fariview will lose, their season has been a fluke, it will never happen again.

Why don't you take your little preppy, stuck up Brentwood attitude somewhere else. Have you seen Fairview play? Probably not. They have not scheduled the strongest of teams but they get the job done no matter who they are playing. They have excellent players on their team. I would put our top players up against anyone in the county. This team is only losing two seniors and they have had a winning record the past two years, and I dont see that changing anytime soon. So instead of being a selfish brat, why don't you support your fellowe Williamson Co. team.

I am going to try to be unbiased in my assessment of this game. I am a Chattanooga soccer fan but not necessarily a CSAS fan.

CSAS played good solid soccer possessing the ball for about 70% of the game.

Saying that, I was impressed with Fairview's forwards. #15 had some really nice one on one moves and several chances to score. Fairview had alot of chances to win this one, mostly by just playing the ball forward and hoping the forwards do something with it.

The Fairview keeper had a monster boot giving their forwards a chance to score on his punts.

CSAS also had alot of quality chances to put this one away but did not. They had the better play overall.

Now to address the ugliness I saw. Fairview was very physical but not ugly for most of the game. It got ugly after the PK. (which was a good call) Fairview went for the body on almost every play after the PK. Got a couple of yellows which really weren't very good calls but the yellows really don't effect the game. Go out, get a drink and get back in the game. Fairview had a hard time controlling their emotions.

Now for CSAS, they should have gotten a card for taunting after the PK. A CSAS player was in someones face pointing at the scoreboard. This should not be accepted in HS soccer. The center ref didn't have the guts give him a card but it would have made a huge difference in Fairview's response. They felt helpless. CSAS just kept running their mouth. (not everyone just a few) Shutup and play regardless of what the other team is doing.

It got so bad, Fairview players and the center ref almost got physical and one player had to be restrained.

I am not blaming Fairview accept for the ugly play. Emotions are high. The refs didn't cost them the game but they could have done alot more to keep everyone from getting so excited.

Those are my thoughts. Great game Fairview. Sounds like Columbia beat CCS so that says alot for your region. You have not been respected in the last few years but you showed alot tonight.

Why don't you take your little preppy, stuck up Brentwood attitude somewhere else. Have you seen Fairview play? Probably not. They have not scheduled the strongest of teams but they get the job done no matter who they are playing. They have excellent players on their team. I would put our top players up against anyone in the county. This team is only losing two seniors and they have had a winning record the past two years, and I dont see that changing anytime soon. So instead of being a selfish brat, why don't you support your fellowe Williamson Co. team.

Haha dude i was just playing, its just funny watching fairview go nuts everytime someone doubts them. I just wanted to see how quickly it would take one of ya'll to respond freaking out to my post. I am sorry though dude, i must admit i was very impressed with you guys run in the post-season. Coming into this season i did not think fairview would make it out of districts, let alone regionals, you guys proved me wrong. Great season guys. I wish we could have a Williamson Co. tournament in the midseason or something, i think it would be great. And man, no hard feelings, i was just messin i thought it would be funny to see how ya'll respond. Good luck next year, sorry about the lose tonite.

P.S. you guys are 1 of only 4 teams in williamson county that were still playing tonite. Ravenwood, Centennial and Page along with us, didnt even make it to tonite.

i personally would like to apologize to all CSAS players and fans for my (individual) and my (team's) behavior closer to the end and right after the game. it was unsportsmanlike, and while we shook hands, congradulated, etc, it was a very tense and upset off moment for us.

i WILL NOT apologize to the center ref, though. i tried to talk to him after the game and he yelled at me to shut up and told us to pack up and get home now. we began shouting at each other, and he began advancing towards me, threatening me. i responded, though not physically, and our coach dragged me back towards the bench. i cast a bad light on fairview as a team, and i'm sure i embarrassed a few parents and players, but this ref had been threatening my teammates the entire game (not just on free kicks, but just randomly throughout the game). he laughed at us, taunted us, and made sickeningly lopsided calls. i do not blame CSAS, their goal came off a good call, but the rest of the game was BS. that ref has no right to participate in any athletic events in any near future if he is going to be threatening high schoolers and promoting physical violence with children. as i said, when i was trying to talk to him after shaking everyone's hands, he told me to shut up and pack up and turned his back on me. i told him he sucked, told him i didn't have another season to play (i was a senior), asked what he was going to do, give me a red? and he began to march towards me saying "you know what i'm gonna do? what am i gonna do?" and presented a physically threatening persona. in my opinion, any ref who resorts to violence with the kids their supposed to be supervising does not need to be anywhere near youth ever again. anyone have any comments about that?