Bearden or Houston

panther23

I think it will be Houston. But don't count out Cordova. While Bearden has the most scoring chances out of any team in AAA, their weak! Bearden is in a weak region, no offense. So they qualify more I don't think Bearden will even finish runner-up, much less take the gold. Their performance rank like 5th to last..... not enough to win. their performances are too weak. Look at the performance list at www.tssaa.org :rolleyes:

I think it will be Houston. But don't count out Cordova. While Bearden has the most scoring chances out of any team in AAA, their weak! Bearden is in a weak region, no offense. So they qualify more I don't think Bearden will even finish runner-up, much less take the gold. Their performance rank like 5th to last..... not enough to win. their performances are too weak. Look at the performance list at www.tssaa.org :D

Their region is weak? Hello.....they have a guy who threw 49 feet in the shot put and barely got out. There were like 8 throws above 45 feet in that section. Not too shabby. Their 4X800 team should place in the top 2. They have 2 guys going in the 400, one of which I believe can win. They are not weak by any means. They will get top 2 no doubt. They qualified in 11 events. Cordova can't touch that! Only Houston can. Houston has 2 awesome decathletes and 2 great vaulters, not to mention Alex Herringshaw who will score well in the 3200 and 1600.

ummmm..... take a look around, you can't go off 3 events, it takes more than three to win a championship. And yes their region is weak, they don't even have prelims, and some of their time in our region would'nt get you to state. 11.15, 1:31.6? and the 200 meter dash 22.9 and 23.0 wouldn't even qualify for the finals. I'm not doubting their team, no offense but yes their region is weak and , NO they will not finish first at state nor will they finish runner- up. BET THAT UP. :D

Guest kenwoodrun

See the thread I put up earlier on "AAA boys" and you will see BHS and I having the same basic conversation in a much more civil tone.

And since 800 and I don't agree on anything this week, I wil obviously question the "Cordova can't touch that...only Houston can" comment. Everybody knows that Bearden can definitely be better than their seed marks, but do you have any idea what Cordova has coming to this meet?

110HH: The new state record holder (10 pts)

TJ: A 48' guy (10 pts)

LJ: 23' 5" (8 pts)

300 IH: Harris, in the mid 37's (10 pts)

4x400: 3:22 after having a guy fall down last week (6-8 pts)

400: A solid sub 50 guys (let's say 6 pts)

and maybe more, I'm too lazy to look...is that not going to "touch" Bearden?

Of course it can.

Anyone who says Section One is a weak section is an idiot. Even though BHSfootball is correct in stating that qualifying times don't really matter, lets look at them anyways. In shotput, Section 1 has two of the top three seeds. In discus, Section 1 has two of the top three seeds. In pole vault, Section 1 has two of the top three seeds. In the 4x800, Section 1 has the top two seeds. In the 400, Section 1 has the fourth seed. In the 800, Section 1 has the top two seeds. Now, that is only looking at the seeds straight up. You could then argue that individuals from Section 1 have very good opportunities at doing well in the 400 and 1600. All of this doesn't mean much until it is settled on the track, but it is proof that Section 1 is by no means weak. Maybe not the best, but definitely not weak.

OK, I said it the wrong way, their not weak, but noy as tough as ours. No need to get salty, BHS, Are any of yall going to state, I am hopefully I'll see yall down there and we will make a bet on who is right. I understand times can drop, but your not going to drop from a 22.9 to a 21.9 to even place in the top 4, yes times can drop but not drastically. If I'm wrong about Bearden finishing 1st or 2nd then I'll come back and apoligize, and say I was an idiot, but if they don't then Ima say I told you so........... :D

Guest kenwoodrun
They are not weak by any means. They will get top 2 no doubt. They qualified in 11 events. Cordova can't touch that! Only Houston can.

See, this is what happens when you make guarantees with limited knowledge of what you are talking about. My advice on a couple of occasions was to look out for Cordova, that they were good for 50+ points. But I didn't say things as foolish as "Cordova can't" or "Only Houston can".

Cordova can't? Cordova DID.

yup, your right Kenwoodrun, we both said watch out for Cordova, but as usual no one listens. You can't underestimate anyone, and like Kenwoodrun said " you shouldn't make guarantees with limited knowledge" So in the end Bearden finished 4th and Cordova finished 1st so like I said I would do, " I told you so" :unsure: