What happened to CA at state?

3sporter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA is not good, period. The CCS-CA game could have easily been 5-0, 5-1. CCS and LC played to a very even, back and forth 0-0 tie earlier this year, on the same day that CCS beat CAK. CA made it to state, but it's not at all surprising that they got blown out by a far superior LC team.

interesting plays: lc's babyblueshoes getting "served" late in the game and then getting carded in a losing attempt to win back the ball....

5-0 ..Need I say more? CA was served all day long. If getting the ball taken away from you once is considered being "served", then what would dribbling through your whole team be considered? The LC D shut down CA and served them all day long...Have a safe trip home.

ca was good enough to beat ccs, and didn't end their season with two losses. what caused ccs to flop? poor coaching, inflated egos, or just plain lack of talent??

How about none of the above? Our coach is one of the best in the state, and could easily be a college coach (he is an assistant during the fall). Ego was also not a problem, because losing to CSAS was very humbling to all of us. There is also no lack of talent in our first 13 players. We have 3 seniors playing college ball next year, and three others who could have if that's what they had chosen to do. We had two sophomores who both started last year as well, who will be first team all-city at some point. It was simply an inability to finish and stay composed when we got inside the box. CA was chasing the ball the whole game, but when we got near the goal, we either sprayed it over the top or hit it directly at their keeper. I don't know where you are from, but talk to the people from CAK (who we beat), LC (who we tied on the same day we beat CAK), or FRA (who we lost to 1-0 on an own goal) and they will tell you were a good team who just couldn't get going late in the season like we had earlier on.

Exactly right. Without a doubt, this was one of the most talented teams from CCS ever. Every starter was quality, but we just didn't show up for the second half against CSAS, and the whole game against CA. To lose when the other team only gets around two shots is terrible, especially when you take at least twenty. Good luck to LC and CAK tonight. You're both good teams and I enjoyed playing both teams.

OK..with out a doubt this was the worst game of the year for CA, yeah i know,not supposed to have bad games in the tournament but ya know they did.But, all these CCS players will u please shutup just b/c they sent u home packing...get over it u lost they won...You think since yall are so awesome u could of finished on those 2 open goals u had in the 2nd half...so u know what it wasnt a fluke...They are a good team, i mean comin from behind with 10 players against fairview they got what it takes so please shut ur mouth

Well all i can say is im happy for L.C. It is a real kick in the pants to CA for the loss against them in the 2002 state tournament when LC lost to CA 3-0 in the first game! Just wanted revenge, and they got it pretty good i think!

OK..with out a doubt this was the worst game of the year for CA, yeah i know,not supposed to have bad games in the tournament but ya know they did.

Maybe LC didnt just win because CA played their worst game of the year. Just a thought. Maybe LC actually "showed up" for the game. I think even if CA wasnt having supposedly the worst game of the year, by the looks of how LC played this one, CA still would have lost. Oh well, congrats to LC on this one! Good Luck to all the teams.