David Lipscomb vs Marshall Co.

PageMan

David Lipscomb.....0..0..0....0..0..0..0.....0..2..3

Marshall Co...........0..0..1....0..0..0..x.....1..1..0

This post will be updated as game progresses. Lipscomb threatened in both 1st & 2nd innings, but Marshall held. Paij Lintz is pitching for Marshall. Megan Rhodes is pitching for Lipscomb. Plate umpire calls are somewhat inconsistent. Lipscomb makes two errors in the bottom of the 3rd. Marshall threatening with runners at 2nd & 3rd with 1 out. 2 outs - bases loaded. Rhodes walks in run. Rhodes strikes out London with bases loaded to end inning. Run is unearned since batter reached on an error. Lipscomb goes in order in the top of the 4th. 2b Kiley Lintz has two assists and a pop fly put out. Marshall does not score in 4th - Rhodes has 9 K's - some coming on 3rd strike bunt attempts. In the top of the 5th, Lipscomb gets a hit, but 2b Kiley Lintz stabs line drive to end inning. Bottom of 5th - Rhodes strikes out 2 more, I think - Marshall goes in order. Top of 6th - Lipscomb's 2, 3 & 4 hitters go in order. Bottom of 6th - Riddle gets first hit for Marshall on a bunt single. Advances to 3rd on two bunts, but there are 2 outs now. Riddle is stranded as we head to the top of the 7th. Top of 7th - 1 out - ground out to 2b Lintz. 2 outs - ground out to 3b Uselton. Out 3 on pop fly. Final: Marshall Co. 1, David Lipscomb 0. Marshall advances to play Lenior City at 6:00 tonight.

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Tigerettes. Lipscomb's errors proved to be very costly. I'll be monitoring tonight's game at 6:00 with Lenior City and offering inning summaries as I did in this game. It's do or die for the Tigerettes. They will have to beat Lenior City twice to win the championship.

Congratulations to Marshall Co. :D esp. after Rhodes comments about the Creek Wood batter staring her down after hitting her.Rhodes threw at players the whole tournament.She is too good a pitcher to hit as many batters as she does otherwise.So her pretend shock when a batter gave her a look is a big joke.Better develop some thicker skin up in Knoxville.

First off, congratulations to Marshall Co., you guys beat a great team as well as a great pitcher. Now, BASERUNR, I have no clue who you are or if you play or not, but I can see that you do recognize the fact that Rhodes is very good, and I can appreciate your acknowledgement of such. However, I cannot sit here and read your ignorant posts that suggest Rhodes had a personal vendetta on every team in TN's AA. You know, I dont play softball, but I'm pretty sure that being that close to a batter and throwing a ball that hard could result in a slight misplacement. Regardless of anything you or I say, she will be in Knoxville next year hurling softballs at an SEC level, and if it makes you feel better, you can find yourself a message board then to get on and leave persaonal comments for her.

This is in reply to BASERUNR. My daughter played with Megan for many years and she is not a pitcher that would ever try to hit another ball player. She has too much respect for the game and is a very kind young lady. She is a very good pitcher but if you are going to crowd the plate you should also know that you will get brushed back by good pitchers. Sometimes the ball gets away from you and the batter will get hit, it's all part of the game. I understand that since Megan is such a good pitcher that she will be the target of comments such as yours and that also is part of life, unfortunate as that may be. Megan will do fine in Knoxville, I don't think you have to worry yourself about that. Congrats to the Lady Mustangs on a great year.