CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall the region will be more balanced than last year.  With 5 teams easily having a chance to win the region.  Someone will be fighting for the 4th position to make the playoffs which probably won't be decided till the very last week.  It's hard to say at this point who has an edge, except for the fact until knocked off, Lincoln is still the team to beat.

825279789[/snapback]

I'm sure you are saying that about LC because of the rich tradition we have in football, and that is very nice of you. We've lost a great deal of starters from last years team. Replacing Michael Edmiston is not easy to do at QB. I see the Falcons battling for the 4th place playoff position this year but never count them out.

Right now I would have to give the nod to Coffee Co., based on who they have returning from last year. Then, probably <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a>, although they lost more seniors than we (L.C.) did last year. But they return almost all of their skill people with the exception of James Prior. From there back it's a toss up. We are nowwhere near where we were last year, we lost just too many key players. L.C. will be extremely young this year, with around 58 players dressed 30 of them are sophmores. Next year we will be much improved. and then the year after we should be back up around the top in the state, but I'm afraid that this year will be a learning experience especially in the first part of the year. The Falcons do look much improved over the summer than they looked in the spring that's for sure, but, they still have a long way to go. We will have a first year starter at Qb., either Sr. Gus Fraley or Soph. Brince Ellis. Whichever one it is they should get better as the year goes along, but neither one has any experience to speak of.

Although Fraley did see action last year in most every game it was in mop up duty and that's not like being put in in a pressure situaton. Hard to tell about tailback Josh Gregory, since he didn't play in either scrimmage in the spring, and hasn't played in either scrimmage this fall yet either. We have some experenced players coming back, but just not many of them.

Edited by Falconstatman

• 2 weeks later...