Hillwood football

yodude

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come now Jerry, this is not the proper forum for your laundry to be spilled at this point. Everyone will learn soon enough what you did to Barr, and to Hillwood, and ultimately to yourself. :o

If you are Jerry, why did you do this to Coach Barr? From all I had ever heard, he saved your job several times. If you are Jerry, you are really a real ***. I thought you had more respect. There must be something behind the scene here. I am a parent and will get to the bottom of it. I think you have already got to the bottom of it!! :ph34r:

Lets set the record straight for 'mytwocents'!

First, I AM NOT BARR!! There are several facts which need to be addressed. Hopefully this will help you with the FACTS in the matter.

1. Two Hunters Lane freshman are going thru spring practice at Hillwood. They were out there for 2 1/2 weeks when discovered. Also, a twenty something male, out of school for several years, is also practicing with the team. Both are MAJOR violations of TSSAA and Metro rules!!

2. When it was discovered, Scott Brunette, metro's athletic director and Alan Johnson, Hillwood's executive principal, meet to discuss things and START an investigation. I understand that TSSAA was notified and the TSSAA was going to wait and see what action was taken BEFORE they got involved. Time was not a factor in this. The TSSAA knew about this 2 weeks before Spring Fling ever started. Barr did not have to 'run off to the TSSAA', they already were informed by Scott Brunette.

3. Barr's position is technically called "Athletic Business Manager". Every Metro school has one. Also, they have an Athletic Principal who is in charge of the overall athletic program. Many schools let their "Business Manager" run the athletics, mainly because many athletic principals do not have a clue about the athletic programs. Others let the business manager only handle the game operations and such. Barr use to do it all and do it well!!

As for the football player cursing out Link and the other coaches, Barr, as business manager, does not nor did not have the authority to discipline the boy. You talk about not having guts in your other post, any coach in their right mind would have taken care of it then or after the game. You talk about no guts? It is Link's football program and he let it go!! If your 'opinion' that the AD should have done something, that would have been Monte Wilson!! His is technically the AD because he is the Athletic Principal!! Go Figure!!

4. Barr is also a TSSAA track referee. He has worked many state track meets throughout the years. He, along with several other track referees from Nashville, were watching games involving two metro teams in the state baseball tournament. Hunters Lane was on one field and McGavock was on the other. Hunters Lane's baseball coach is Ronnie Carter's son Jim. When Barr was given his 'firing letter' by Monte Wilson (over 200 miles from home and school), the other track officials and Ronnie Carter were already standing there.

In closing, all I am doing is stating FACTS! Not opinions, just the plain facts!! Correct me if i'm wrong, but none of this would be necessary if Link had not done the things he did this past spring!! Don't overlook the obvious, plain facts here!!