Gibson Co?

hillado14

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pioneers have been so close to breaking the streak in the past two years. They'll have a good game against a St. Benedict or Trenton Peabody and then have to play Covington or Ripley. They are in a tough district in which to build a program.

The current juniors have been playing most downs during this streak and gaining valuable experience. They return some toughness on the offensive and defensive line. Coach Doug Argo also has experience at quarterback...he has to replace most of his backfield though. But like champdw stated, I believe the streak ends during 2004.

They were 1 point away from beating St. Benedict, but also the Peabody & Dyer County games could have gone either way last season. I know this is a new season and that's what gives GC the hope of breaking the streak.

The Ripley coaches commented last season about how hard GC played the Tigers...and that was the last game of the season. Most teams would have gone through the motions and accepted the eventual loss...but the Pioneers didn't and tried to gain some momentum toward 2004.

All I'm saying is not to write them off for another ten losses. A new season means a new beginning.

Well i see all of yall have different opinions on The GC Pioneers season! But i wanna thank all of yall that have faith in us! Yeh, true my junior class makes up a big percentage of the roster, be we are nothin w/o our senior leaders! this 04 team will be one of the best teams GC has ever seen! And another thing, scrimmages and jambos mean nothin.....the are just setting the atmosphere for a Friday night! But come Week 1 thats when it counts! Our team has been showing more intensity each and every day! and we have a coaching staff that will not give up on us! Our tam keeps getting stronger each and every day! We are determined to win and we will! This year is a new year!

i would like nothin more for GC to win a game since i am recent alumni but a 16-0 loss to LAKE CO is kinda of a let down. i heard they beat someone in a scrimmage? maybe they dont know how to win a big game? or maybe winning one gave them a big head.who knows. For Gibson Co. to win a game this year the QB will need to hang on to the ball in key situations and htey will need to find a running back that can do somethings. ive heard that soph. RB matt coleman has a  torn hamstring. how long will he be out. i saw him have some excellent runs last year. he could be a big playmaker. i also read the MURPHY FAIR and saw where junior QB Rob Minyard was a "PLAYMAKER" his intercepption in the trenton loss last year and fumble in the st. benidict played reall big roles in them not winning last year but it is a new year and i know that the GC fans as usual are sayin that they are goin to be good this year as they always have but time will tell if the pioneers can over come a loosing streak that dates back to the class of 2001. i beleive the last win was against Halls in the next to last week of the 2000 season.  all i can say is good luck but im not expecting nething spectacular. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A WIN THO.

825306374[/snapback]

Man Were Glad U Was A Recent Whatever!! U Went to Gibson county u could atleast give us some respect if ur gonna talk about how ppl aint"PLAYMAKERS" apperantly ur not in those pads and helmets on a friday night ur at home on the couch!! U need to maybe get out and watch a game!! Its not one persons ###### Up during a game everyone on that team makes a mistake no matter if it is even jumping off sides i think the reason u think matt colmen is a playmaker is b/c u went out with his sister he is good dont get me wrong but he aint big and strong enough to be getting hit by a 325 pound linemen who will eat his ######!! Apperantly u aint been to the game he might be a playmaker but not on this level NOT Yet!! LAst Year Was My First Year IN a real varsity game i statred maybe 4 games and one my freshman its kinda hard to just jump in a Qb And Run the show it takes time!!!!