Greenback

GHSKees5008

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The baseball team did well last year. The basketball team is suffering a little due to some bad luck losing a few good players over the past couple of years. The wrestling team just came off a district championship year beating Farragut for the title. Football is not the only sport doing well at Greenback. I expect our basketball team to start rebuilding this year and contend in a couple of years. Our baseball team will be strong again next year. Our wrestling team should contend for a state bid in the new A/AA class. Greenback is doing fine. The football team is excited about this season as well as the other sports. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to stir something up because they are bitter. Greenback does not have the depth it is used to, but the football team does have some freshmen who will be able to step up in 2nd and 3rd string roles. Most 1A schools don't have a third string. We have about 4 to 5 deep in certain positions (about 50 on the roster). I don't know why certain people who are associated with our team (not as a coach or player) continue to run us down on here, but i wish it would stop.

You know what trophy- you are absolutely right--there are other sports at Greenback, and they have done quite well. Baseball has had an amazing two years (last year's district champs, and this year's runner up) and wrestling has been a strong point for the athletic department as well. I couldn't agree with you more about the strengths of these sports as well as others (women's hoops for example).

But let's for a moment be realistic--- the Kee's lost a number of key players last year to graduation-- good kids, good athletes, natural leaders of that football squad. It will be tough to replace those kids-- plain and simple. I would love to see the Cherokees do well, but I think it is a bit naive to think that freshmen who can step into 2nd or 3rd string roles will be the answer. In years to come perhaps they will grow into their potential-- but as for right now........

I can only hope the Kee's can live up to their own hype. I certainally want them to do well. The athletes work hard enough to deserve it--- I just don't know if it will happen this season.

At the passing camp in Rome Georgia against some tough competition, Lane, Forrester, and Anderson all stepped up and played well on both sides of the ball. The secondary did an excellent job against some really tough competition. Houser, Anderson, and Forrester all stepped up on offense and proved themselves at receiver. James was on target and looked better than he has ever been. Way looked better than he has ever been. Kemple did well on both sides of the ball. And yes, Matt Long can catch something other than a cold, he was our second best receiver there besides Way. This came against 4 and 5A Georgia teams. There were 8 teams there and James was by far the best QB. I wish you could have seen it Nole. You would see that you are wrong about his ability.

At the passing camp in Rome Georgia against some tough competition, Lane, Forrester, and Anderson all stepped up and played well on both sides of the ball.  The secondary did an excellent job against some really tough competition.  Houser, Anderson, and Forrester all stepped up on offense and proved themselves at receiver.  James was on target and looked better than he has ever been.  Way looked better than he has ever been.  Kemple did well on both sides of the ball.  And yes, Matt Long can catch something other than a cold, he was our second best receiver there besides Way.  This came against 4 and 5A Georgia teams.  There were 8 teams there and James was by far the best QB.  I wish you could have seen it Nole.  You would see that you are wrong about his ability.

825289849[/snapback]

That is good to hear Trophy----

I hope things go well for you boys down there in the Nation---

But remember, it is a long season, and as it happened last year, James faded.

I hope the work he put in all summer pays off-- GB will need it.

As for Way- I expected him to look good. The kid has gotten bigger, and stronger.

I expect 1k yds from him this season.... but as a reciever, that doesn't bode well for the Kee's, you need him as a threat in the backfield.

Lane, Forrester, Anderson--- all young players, all unproven.

As pappy used to tell me- don't count the chickens till they hatch!

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me, but the "Nation" was on their way to Nashville last year when they got scalped by the Warriors. The coach was so mad that he led a lynch mob to have CAK bumped up into the 2a bracket. They do have a decent team but they play dirty, lose poorly, and some of the fans are pretty ignorant too.

Go Warriors ............