AAU 17U State Tournament

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That travelers team would have faded...no way they beat the Idlewild national champion team of:

Corey Bradford, Tony Harris, Paris London, Robert 'O Kelley, they also had a center was 6'8 255 from East High School Terry Rogers...that team was stacked and would have destroyed anyone.

Harris, London, O Kelley teamed up to win the title at 13s...London was a year younger.

I have to agree ego, I played against that team as 16's when Paris played for the Y. They did have Will Smith that played at Colorado. That team beat up on my AAu team by 30. It was my first AAU experience, and one I will never forget. I often watch the tape just to see all the highlights!! They were the best AAU team that Ive seen hands down.

Idlewild also won a 15-under national title and was a final 4 at 16's, they made the elite 8 in Vegas at the Big-Time after winning the Pump N Run April tournament.

Year in and year out it would have been difficult for the Travelers to dominate like Mercer's group did.