Lunsford at Unaka?

Guest Lander Power

Guest Lander Power

I read doubleplay yesterday and one article said Lunsford will be coaching at Unaka this fall. the king will pass out when he comes back and sees this. I hope to God this ain't true because we hate Unaka in Roan Mt. I'm not as crazy as the King, but I agree that Unaka aint nothing but a toxic waste center! Please, lunsford, don't do this! :(

All a big rumor, my educated guess is Avery. Unaka has never contacted Mike. A few parents and loyal supporters has called him ,but no one offical.

i really doubt if any parents contacted him. it's more likely he initiated anything that went on because he is running out of options. you can say that it is jealousy if a school or two does not want another coach. but what does it say if NO school in the area wants anything to do with a single coach.

Guest Lander Power

This guy has to be from Unaka. He never posts anything about HV. He's always dogging the king or trying to find every cloudland topic and post on it. Get a life, HV4Fizzle.

I have heard all kinds of different things about this one. I do know a few things that are facts about this situation:

1. Two of Unaka's prominent coaches have stated that they would like to have Mike down there. If Mike were to go, that would open the possibility of his kids who are phenominal athletes. 2. I know of four parents that I have spoken to, dating back to last summer actually, that told me they have told Mike they would like to see him there. One of the parents is actually someone I worked with before.

3. I don't think a few members of the administration at Unaka wants Mike. I heard and know that people in the community would like to have him, but the football coaching position is being held for the future. It's not being given up for Mike. Coach Ensor has been building the team and he wants to continue to see over its future success.

Either way, I can't believe Unicoi didn't hire him. Everybody that I talked to from Erwin wanted him, but stuff is so contraversial over there. Baxter's back at the baseball position after they pretty much kicked out Bogart, who was doing a good job and "resigned". Mike would've been good for getting kids out and he will do a good job in the future of getting kids out for football.

He is a great motivator. To be successful on the football field, you have to have a great motivator and someone that the kids can relate to on and off the field. There is no better at that in Carter County than Mike Lunsford or J.C. Campbell. I like the new Devil coach a lot, but he's no Lunsford.

Whatever Mike decides to do in the future, he will be successful. Everybody has heard the Avery stuff. I think Avery is moving down to single A after next season and it would be a win-win situation with the good talent there. There are several good athletes at that school that don't play football and I know Mike could get them out if he helped Brewer there.