Chattanooga teams

Russ098

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thank you... i try my best. been wondering how things are going with this whole athletic funds problem and felt coacht was a great place to find out what i needed to know. however it sounds to me that the whole funding problem could be fixed with a very minor increase of taxes for public school funds.... with 400,000 residents, making up 22 million dollars could be relatively easy if people would look beyond themselves for once. Grad... keep me posted on Ooltewah football this year... i know you have a vested interest, so youll have all the good info this is sadly gonna be the first season in 6 + years in which I will not be able to see a single Ooltewah football game.

Central did lose some key skill players but still should be solid, especially on defense. Brent Hayes will be fully recovered and be a big boost to the defense. Watch out for OL Bo Weiss, could turn out to be the best offensive lineman out of the chattanooga area this season. Lorenzo Meadows is a playmaker, look for him to be a playmaker for the pounders. If the Pounders can develope a new QB and RB, they could be dangerous. I think that the region race will be close, but I dont think cleveland will win the region!

Too bad Bo Weiss is a little too old...at least that's what I heard?  I mean I don't care..let the kid play.  I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt Central!

825292387[/snapback]

What do you mean a little too old. he is gonna be a senior this year. Why would you start a rumor like that. you must have gotten bad info... or is it that your from ooltewah?

Ramtrain must be on crack if he believes Baylor is only the #8 team in the city. They lost many players but no leadership. In spring practice they scrimmaged East Ridge twice without their top 3 QB's, top WR, starting TE, both DE's, one CB, and ROV who all play baseball and starting TB who ran track. However they beat East Ridge pretty handilly both times but I'm sure East Ridge was missing a lot of people as well Baylor was still very impressive. Keep in mind that Baylor has only lost to 1 Chattanooga team in the past I don't know how many years and that is McCallie. So it should be impossible to have them as #8 in the city.

What do you mean a little too old.  he is gonna be a senior this year.  Why would you start a rumor like that.  you must have gotten bad info... or is it that your from ooltewah?

825292395[/snapback]

Things are pretty bright out in Harrison right now, they finally got a coach that knows what to do to get a winning team. I think Curt Jones is one of the brightest coaches in the Chattanooga area if not the state. Check out the off the field link on the front page, very good interview with Coach Jones that relates to how he has turned the program around. Central is lucky to have Coach Jones thier...I don't know how long he will be thier before some big time school in Middle TN or out of state grabs him.. I think he would have gotten the Soddy Daisy job if not for Tom Weathers.

What do you mean a little too old.  he is gonna be a senior this year.  Why would you start a rumor like that.  you must have gotten bad info... or is it that your from ooltewah?

825292395[/snapback]

I have heard the same thing. When is his birthday? Is he already 19? I am pretty sure if your 19 before Aug. 1st your too old to play high school athletics. If he is not 19 yet I hope he has a great year. :D

i dont know bo weiss' birthday, but i do know that being too old to play is something that has come up in the past. several years ago Ooltewah had a player they though was gonna really help their team from what they saw in spring practice and all summer, they later discovered the player was too old to play come the season and he ended up not being allowed to suit up so he still helped out the team from the sidelines and stands as much as possible