Give me the scoop on Region 5 2A?

Kolacky

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. This topic is not even about what it was orignated to be about, but anyways.

Richland has one of the smallest lines ever. However, from everyone who has taken a look at Richland for the last 10 years will find that they are one if not the best line. A group of dedicated seniors are leading the team into a passing league at the moment of that which they dominated in the first showing between Richland, Collinwood, and Perry county(I belive that there are supossed to be more teams involved). This passing league also leads me to suspect that Richland will move down to 1A next year. Junior quaterback Jamie Lawhorn leads the Raiders into the 2005 season with a new offense. Richland had a chance to show off their new offensive style at the Ardmore Alabama Spring Jamboree in wich they defeted Clements Alabama 30-6. The Raiders have also a new defense that enables players like Keith Brown, Shane Fralix, Shea Kimbrough, and Jack Hagan "run free" and play agressive. Lawhorn and freshman Cory Pikett both are showing good arms and smart reads during the passing league to receivers Jamie Whitworth, Dustin Oretle, Shane Falix, Tyler Ingram, Shea Kimbrough, Cody Taylor, and Kory Towry, who possibly could have the best hands in the state. During the season richland will have on the line : Tyler Farris, Shane Yokely, Bary Young, Jack Hagan, William Davidson, Gabe Rardon, and Josh Young. The backfeild will consist of Taylor, Oretle, Kimbrough, Mitchell and Brown. Receivers are: Whitworth, Fralix, and Ingram with Towry at Tight End. The Raiders also showed their amazing strength at the Region 6-1A Weightlifting Competetion held at Chapel Hill. Richland Claimed 6 out of 8 first place positions.

Fralix- 124-132

Lawhorn- 133-148

Kimbrough- 149-165

Davidson- 182-198

Holt- 221-242

Farris- heavyweight.

Kimbrough also won the Iorn Man award.

This also leads me to suspect a region and class change. Though Richland should shine in 2005, I belive that they will be better when this upcomming years freshmen are juniors or seniors. These freshmen are incredible and have only lost one junior high football game in 2 years. Look for Richland in the 2A playoffs.

here's some info on Lewis County. we're young, lost 18 seniors i believe. but our young players have really stepped up this spring. we have some speed and our line should be tough enough to contend. we're scheduled to scrimmage Lawrence Co., Lexington, Creekwood, and Bruceton. come watch if you'd like, we'll do our best to please. it's gonna be LC football...here we come let's see if you can stop us. we lost alot, but we don't rebuild- we reload. our freshmen class is strong just in case you have heard talk about them. they are good but may not see lots of time this year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND WE'LL BEING SEEING YOU SOON!!!

Edited by AE12