Name top five teams in 2004-05

Sidetrain

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Dyersburg - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Coffman gets Dyersburg to the Boro this year. They are still young at times with 5 sophmores on the floor together but the man can coach and he will find a way to get them to the Boro. If they can get there then everyone better watch out cause the 6'4 sophmore post player can flat out play.

I think you are safe out on that limb. They were they best team on the court at the Jamboree. The 6'4" sophomore outplayed everyone. Posted up, great inside moves. Handled the ball well at the top with nice entry passes. Rebounded well on both ends. I don’t get to see much TN basketball as I live in AL till Feb. when Uncle Sam’s finished with me and I move to West TN for good (yeah!). I do watch a lot of 6A basketball around Montgomery. Dyersburg could hang with any in our area. Kayla Holloway (the aforementioned sophomore) would star on any south AL roster. All in all it was a very impressive showing by the Lady Trojans.

A- Unaka (2004 State Tournament) returns everything and anything less than a return trip to the state would be a disappointment. University High has a new coach and a good transfer and could be a darkhorse.

Unaka got beat by Moore County in Shelbyville just this weekend...not likely.

825435247[/snapback]

Oh wow they got stomped by a whopping 2 points. If that is what you go by then you don't know bball. Besides it was playday not the state playoffs. Most coaches play around to see what they got not to win. See ya at state!!!

Oh wow they got stomped by a whopping 2 points.  If that is what you go by then you don't know bball.  Besides it was playday not the state playoffs.  Most coaches play around to see what they got not to win.  See ya at state!!!

825435393[/snapback]

OK, so Unaka lost to Moore County by two. Moore county was pasted by Loretto. Unaka defeated Loretto. Yep, looks like you got it all figured our, Ball Hog. <_<

OK, so Unaka lost to Moore County by two.  Moore county was pasted by LorettoUnaka defeated Loretto.  Yep, looks like you got it all figured our, Ball Hog.  <_<

825436362[/snapback]

Loretto played nothing but JV half of the game vs unaka.. that's why they were defeated by 2 or 3... If it were a real game and Loretto ran their starting 5 plus their 2 or 3 regular subs, it would have been 10-15 pt loss for unaka... You guys should realize that the past few weeks have just been playtime, and for coaches to see what they have.... Playtime is over now...

Loretto played nothing but JV half of the game vs unaka..  that's why they were defeated by 2 or 3...  If it were a real game and Loretto ran their starting 5 plus their 2 or 3 regular subs, it would have been 10-15 pt loss for unaka...  You guys should realize that the past few weeks have just been playtime, and for coaches to see what they have....  Playtime is over now...

825436485[/snapback]

"Bring it on" Anytime you want to come to the Creek with your starting five. Our starting 5 are ready. No excuses!!

Edited by sportiemom

"Bring it on"    Anytime you want to come to the Creek with your starting five.  Our starting 5 are ready.  No excuses!!

825436735[/snapback]

LOL... you have to be kidding... it was a scrimmage! lol.. Loretto > Unaka end of discussion... In a regular or post season game loretto is 10 points better at least... If they play ball they are 15-20 pts better..

LOL...  you have to be kidding...  it was a scrimmage!  lol..  Loretto > Unaka end of discussion...  In a regular or post season game loretto is 10 points better at least...  If they play ball they are 15-20 pts better..

825436771[/snapback]

Like I said, put your players where your mouth is. "Bring it on" I'll take our Lady Rangers and give you the 10 points you said you will beat us by.

Edited by sportiemom

Like I said,  put your players where your mouth is. "Bring it on"  I'll take our Lady Rangers and give you the 10 points you said you will beat us by.

825437030[/snapback]

Ok... u must not have been at the scrimmage... loretto was up by 10+ while the varsity was in... the lead was lost in both 2nd and 4th qtrs... (both of which the jv played) I hope unaka enters a tourney that loretto does and they get to meet sometime this yr.. probably won't happen... but would be nice

Ok...  u must not have been at the scrimmage...  loretto was up by 10+ while the varsity was in...  the lead was lost in both 2nd and 4th qtrs...  (both of which the jv played)  I hope unaka enters a tourney that loretto does and they get to meet sometime this yr.. probably won't happen... but would be nice

825437051[/snapback]

I do believe I was there and no matter what Loretto was up by and no matter who they put in don't matter. The final score was Unaka (A) 41 - Loretto (AA) 39. I could come up with excuses like you but why, We beat you :D

Oh wow they got stomped by a whopping 2 points.  If that is what you go by then you don't know bball.  Besides it was playday not the state playoffs.  Most coaches play around to see what they got not to win.  See ya at state!!!

825435393[/snapback]

u mean like this?? take your own advice their dip****.